1. BlueOvalForums Community

1. Welcome!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself

Announcements / Site Feedback / Help

1. E.V. Central

THE place to discuss anything and everything E.V.

Ford and Lincoln Motor Company sales figures and production info.

Discuss products that compete with Ford.

Open letters to Ford's Executives & Management.

Rumors on upcoming products.

3. Ford Motor Company Employee Discussion Forum

1. Ford Employee Forum

This forum is for Ford employees only

This forum is for Ford employees only

This forum is supported by Ford employees on a voluntary basis

1. 140

The place to tell Ford what you'd like to see

Ford products from around the World.

4. Rearview Mirror (Discontinued Ford Products

Discontinued Products (Contour, Five Hundred, Freestyle, Thunderbird, etc.).

1. 3.1k

1. Lounge: Off Topic Discussion

Not automotive related.

Up to the minute news updates from Ford and Lincoln.

1. Test your stuff

Practice makes perfect.

• Popular Contributors

• I like what you’re saying but I have a question. You seem strong in your belief that the 3 rows are dead, why do you believe this is the case. Farley just blabbed on about battery chemistry, I like your scenario better but it seems they are still working on these products.
    • When I picked up my F450 Lariat Ultimate a few weeks ago, my salesman said they had 6 dealerships call wanting my truck! He said once it's on the transport truck to dealer, all other dealers can see who has what for inventory. So, if you don't want to take delivery of your ordered truck, they will gladly sell it for over MSRP! 
    • Guess we'll make this April sales thread if a Mod wants to edit the title?     I'll add the numbers to my charts this evening...
    • My 2009 Flex was similar to Ice storm - it was Light Ice Blue metallic.  It looked fantastic with the white roof and chrome accents:   It would vary between blue and silverish depending on lighting
    • I wondered about this.  Maybe a small lip above the screen would help with this for future models.  Not anything huge but just enough to shade it somewhat.  
    • My dealer stated that if the order came in wrong or I did not want to take delivery of the truck that it would be no problem as it would be easy to sell (and probably above sticker). May not be the same for all dealers. 
    • Nothing like Fordauthority recycling an old story.  Nothing new here.  I think the 3 rows are dead and Ford is still trying to decide what to put in Oakville.  There is a case for C2 hybrid Nautilus and Edge and possible other C2 vehicles but there are contractual and government commitments that have to be considered.  Other EVs are still possible but those are likely even further out.
    • Here is the situation: On February 13, 2024 I submitted an order for a 2024 F350 Super Duty XL 4x4 crew cab 6 3/4' bed, carbonized grey, w/6.7 powerstroke engine, XL off-road package, platform running boards and splash guards, that's it. I do not want a Cadillac dressed up as a pickup. At the time of the order I was assigned a priority code 10. That same day a received an email from Ford confirming my order and they would be in contact w/in 45days. On February 24, 2024, I visited the dealer, before I discovered your forum, and talked to a Sales Manager and he reviewed the order as said it shouldn't take too long since it was such an limited option order. If I had any questions, I should contact him by phone or email and he gave me his card. After my visit I discovered this forum and learned a lot of valuable information. On March 19, 2024, I emailed the sales manager from what I learned from your forum and requested that my order be re-prioritized to a Priority Code 01 or 02 with the assistance of the Regional Rep and also asked if there were any supply/commodity issues that could delay my order. The sales manager never responded to my email. On March 29, 2024 I received another email from Ford (at the 45 day mark) stating that they are "...working hard to fine tune the scheduled build date..." and that I should hear from then w/in the next 45 days. On April 2, 2024 I visited the deal and spoke to the salesman and he would speak to the sales manager and get back to me about my order. On April 3, 2024 I heard from the sales manager, who is now no longer a sales manager, he is in the finance department, but he looked into my order and told me my order was "Unscheduled Clear." Also talked to him about the new priority codes dealers can assign in 2024 up to a Priority Code 03, as well as contacting the Regional Rep about re-prioritizing my order to Priority Code 01 or 02 (both of which he was unaware). I told him I wanted to speak to someone management about my order and he seemed to suggest the Fleet manager would get back to me. I never heard from the Fleet manager but the salesmen called back, and reported to my in not so many words that they couldn't do anything and the order is going to 4 to 6 months and "..that's just the way it is." I also asked about cancelling the order. They said and order can't be cancelled. So being a little pissed off, I went on the dealership's website and they had a place for comments and I expressed to them, after I learned from reading your answer to my original comments, I demanded that the general manager or other principal of the dealership get back to me to discuss my problem with my order. On April 11, 2024 I received an email from the internet sales manager, who turns out to be the original sales manager who submitted my order on February 13, and supposed was now in the finance department, which a fluffy email wanting hope his staff as answered all of my questions. I replied, "Are you kidding me? Didn't you read my comment" as well as stating so now your the internet sales manager when you told me you are in the finance department. I also reiterated my request to contacted by the GM or Principal w/dealership about re-prioritizing my order w/the Regional Rep to Priority Code 01 or 02. On April 12, 2024 I received an email from the General Sales Manager requesting my phone number so we could talk. We did, which I discussed in another post how he didn't know about the Priority Code process, etc. But he said he would look into it. On April 14, 2024 I received a generic email from the General Manager from dealership and responded with my request about re- prioritizing my order. On April 20, 2024 I received and email from the General Sales Manager stating " I finally got a hold of our Rep with Ford and she is looking into re-prioritizing your order. I will follow up with you soon." On April 29, 2024, since I had not heard back from the General Sales Manager, I email the General Manager, and cc the General Sales Manager, asking what is the status? Well, later that day the General Sales Manager called and said he has to relay more information about my order to the Regional Rep and he would get back to me tomorrow. On April 30, 2024, I was called back by the General Sales Manager and he relayed to me that the Regional Rep was in contact with the Regional Scheduler and the reason for the delay in getting my order scheduled was due to the unavailability of the heavy duty alternator (250 amp) used on that truck. I said what has this got to do with scheduling. This is a production issue. I pointed out during our conversation that the standard alternator on the F series pickup trucks, w/6.7 liter powerstroke diesel, is, in one form or another the 250 amp alternator. (i.e., XL, XLT, Lariat the 250 amp alternator is standard equipment and w/King Ranch, Platinum or Limited packages the 410 dual alternator combination (250 amp and 160 amp alternators for a total of 410 amps)). I told him to relay to the Regional Rep that if the 250 amp alternator is unavailable then the entire production line of the F series pickup trucks with 6.7 liter powerstroke diesel engines is shut down. Finally, I insisted that he request the Regional Rep in conjunction with the Regional Scheduler re-prioritize my order to a Priority Code 01. On May 1, 2024, I emailed the General Sales Manager again regarding the cockamamie alternator story and stated "...the persons communicating this information to you, in my opinion is either disingenuous as best or outright lying about this issue." Additionally, I stated:  "So, if the Regional Representative in conjunction with the Regional Scheduler cannot or will not re-prioritize my order to a Priority Code 01, then the order should somehow be dropped/cancelled and have me taken off any contact list because I do not want to hear from Ford, or whomever, that this order has somehow been miraculously produced, whether that is in one, two, three or six months, because I will be moving on." So here we are today, May 2, 2024, and why I asked about cancelling my order in this thread. I am almost 67 years of age. I do not need this truck, it is just something that I wanted. I want to use this pickup truck as a truck. I wanted carpet delete and vinyl upholstery to more easily clean the dirt from comes from my muddy boots and dirty clothes deposited in the interior. I don't want a Cadillac! My observations/opinions on this situation are these: Ford, or whomever, doesn't want to produce low end XL basic trucks. Unless it is all dressed up and cost $85,000 or more they aren't interested in producing it. If you are going to a dealer to special order a Super Duty do your research regarding the dealership first. In this regard, the dealership I chose, and later found out, is owned by a giant corporate conglomerate whom among other ventures is in a famous clothing business. It is just staffed by a bunch of employees that punch the clock. I recommend, going to a dealership that is owned by an single person or family who has a web site and post photographs of their staff, including the owner, and knows and is interested in the car business. Regarding what I learned about the Regional Rep and Regional Scheduler, for my area, they don't want to rock the boat. They probably just want to punch to clock too.  Unfortunately, by the time someone gets to reading this thread they, like me, have already fell into this rabbit hole! Good Luck.         
    • Not just to protect the brand but also dealers.  If it was profitable they would have decided to import it a couple of years ago.
  • Topics

• Top Downloads