Custom Search

Ford News Around the Web
Notes about today's server move - missing images and more here.

Photo
- - - - -

Preferential Rehiring and Buyouts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JJ@Batvia

JJ@Batvia

JJ@Batavia

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 21-September 06

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:03 AM

I was hearing this rumour last year when the buyout rumor first started. Could the uaw negotiate this? would ford even consider it? i know that it would save money when it come to training and new hire transitional down time. what do you guys think.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Ckr01

Ckr01

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 30-August 06
  • Interests:Would'nt you like to know .....

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:28 AM

I was hearing this rumour last year when the buyout rumor first started. Could the uaw negotiate this? would ford even consider it? i know that it would save money when it come to training and new hire transitional down time. what do you guys think.

I turned down the buy-out, due to the fact it was stated, very clearly, I might add, "once you break service with FOMOCO, you cannot return to the company!!!!!!!!"
Seemed prety clear to me, so I stayed with the Titanic :titanic:

#3 OFFLINE   methos

methos

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Joined 22-January 04

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

I turned down the buy-out, due to the fact it was stated, very clearly, I might add, "once you break service with FOMOCO, you cannot return to the company!!!!!!!!"

"cannot return to the company" Oh boy, that would be a real heartbreaker <LMAO>. I mean c'mon, it is always nice to know your options, but if you are worried about coming back, maybe you shouldn't leave.

After taking the buyout, I believe there is a five year no return clause, but after that you get preferential status if you apply for a job. That is if they are still around. They still have the FAQ posted at the Ford Employee site, and if you are not able to access it no longer, let me know, I can email it or some reasonable facsimile.
"The hand of Adam Smith might be invisible, but the aftermath looks more like a wrecking ball."
Methos

"You must be the change you wish to see..."
Mohandas Gandhi

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there you'll be able to see farther."
Thomas Carlyle

All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.
Benjamin Franklin

#4 OFFLINE   TexasBound

TexasBound

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 11-September 06

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

Who are you quoting? Because your info is dead wrong. based on the buyout papers I signed it's stated that you can get hired back into Ford. But for 5 years you cannot take another buyout. What are the odds of another one coming?

Here's what it says under the step program.

"If an eligible employee has recieved a STEP payment and is subsequently rehired by the Company, the employee will not be eligible for any future STEP payments until the employee has 5 or more years of seniority following such rehire. No seniority used to determine the amount of a previous STEP payment shall be used in determining a subsequent STEP payment."

There it is in black and white from Ford Motor. So I think you should stop listening to bob at the vending machine and research a little before spewing out fake quotes.
  • Rob Stephenson likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Ckr01

Ckr01

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 30-August 06
  • Interests:Would'nt you like to know .....

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

"cannot return to the company" Oh boy, that would be a real heartbreaker <LMAO>. I mean c'mon, it is always nice to know your options, but if you are worried about coming back, maybe you shouldn't leave.

After taking the buyout, I believe there is a five year no return clause, but after that you get preferential status if you apply for a job. That is if they are still around. They still have the FAQ posted at the Ford Employee site, and if you are not able to access it no longer, let me know, I can email it or some reasonable facsimile.

You don't seem to understand....If I took the 100k, retired and returned to my old job.....I would be makeing approx $35 per hr, includeing my retirement and the $18. ph for the job..........vs the $26.39 I get now

#6 OFFLINE   Pioneer

Pioneer

No brakes? No problem!

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Focus SES

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

We have heard at our plant that anybody that retires will not be rehired. Add that rumor to the fact that all flowbacks and transfers will need to be placed before you could be rehired, and your plan doesn't look good.

#7 OFFLINE   Pumpmaster

Pumpmaster

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined 02-March 04
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150
  • Interests:Flying; debating religion

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

We have heard at our plant that anybody that retires will not be rehired. Add that rumor to the fact that all flowbacks and transfers will need to be placed before you could be rehired, and your plan doesn't look good.

At Indy, at least two people, who took buyouts last year, started work today as TFT's.
Also, at least two skilled tradespeople took physicals to come back on production after they retire (one was told he could start right away).
  • Rob Stephenson likes this
"Prayer is like a rocking chair. It'll give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere."---Gypsy Rose Lee

#8 OFFLINE   Rob Stephenson

Rob Stephenson

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 17-April 14

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

i would like that document...its been over 5 yrs for me

#9 OFFLINE   Rob Stephenson

Rob Stephenson

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 17-April 14

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

texas bound...can you send me a shot of that...a copy of the document please? i am trying to get back in   rts_computers@charter.net 

Who are you quoting? Because your info is dead wrong. based on the buyout papers I signed it's stated that you can get hired back into Ford. But for 5 years you cannot take another buyout. What are the odds of another one coming?

Here's what it says under the step program.

"If an eligible employee has recieved a STEP payment and is subsequently rehired by the Company, the employee will not be eligible for any future STEP payments until the employee has 5 or more years of seniority following such rehire. No seniority used to determine the amount of a previous STEP payment shall be used in determining a subsequent STEP payment."

There it is in black and white from Ford Motor. So I think you should stop listening to bob at the vending machine and research a little before spewing out fake quotes.

#10 OFFLINE   littlecountry

littlecountry

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined 12-May 06

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Ford does not have to hire you and they won't and there is no lawsuit you can file!

#11 OFFLINE   littlecountry

littlecountry

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined 12-May 06

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

i would like that document...its been over 5 yrs for me

That document means nothing Ford is not obligated to hire you back !
You would think by now you would have moved on!