2009 Camaro Spyshots

96 Pony

Well, these are preliminary photos of a clay mockup. You can tell this by looking at the front photo where each side of the car is designed differently, which is common on mockups to tweak design details before putting something into metal. What will be on display will probably look a bit different. I hope anyway. <_<

so will automoblie get sued by gm like some other sites? it is breaking an embargo

Actually, A toy company of all places leaked the pic, Some sources say.

So in reality, Automobile is not breaking an embargo right?

A local detroit channel air'ed the pic on a NAIAS sneek peek show.

But sources (RELIABLE AS A MOTHER FUCKER TOO!) said it is quite a bit different. And remember, Your only seeing one side.

If that's the best that they can do with the Camaro. GM must be in a sorry state... What a disappointment. Looks like a poor man's corvette if you ask me. Always has and always will.

Yep - which was what the Camaros ended up being at the end and we see how well that concept worked out :rolleyes:

Guys this is not THE car. Its just an idea of what to expect.

Not a big fan of it but I give Chevy credit for doing something original and not doing a total retro rip-off like the Challenger.

Would the Mustang fit in the same class as the challenger in your mind Paul? Or would Camaro and Mustang be in the same room?

Guys this is not THE car. Its just an idea of what to expect.

Would the Mustang fit in the same class as the challenger in your mind Paul? Or would Camaro and Mustang be in the same room?

The new Challenger looks like the a '70 model after it left a custom shop. I don't think the Mustang is in that same class but they went a little too retro on it for me. It's like the Challenger went total retro rip-off, the Mustang went retro but still looks new and the Camaro uses some old styling cues without looking retro. The Mustang kind of falls in between these two. Thats how my fucked up mind sees it. How do you see it?

Clicky Here

Can someone pass me a garbage can so I can throw up :huh: :o <_<

meh, we've heard about the 2005 camaro, the 2007 camaro, and now the 2009 camaro. instead of wasting so much time on concepts that are going to look old by the time they're released (if you first see a concept 3 years before it comes out, honestly, how much of a lasting impact does it make?), gm should fix the cars they are actually releasing.

meh, we've heard about the 2005 camaro, the 2007 camaro, and now the 2009 camaro. instead of wasting so much time on concepts that are going to look old by the time they're released (if you first see a concept 3 years before it comes out, honestly, how much of a lasting impact does it make?), gm should fix the cars they are actually releasing.

What does meh mean?

"It's like the Challenger went total retro rip-off,"

When Dodge sells the Challenger, it will do way better than any trendy teenage toy car. I bet there will be more crowds aroud it then some of the hideous 'futuristic' paper mache HS art projects that are shown every year. So many of the trendy FWD 'modern' coupes of the past 15 years are long forgotten in junk yards, like old Reattas, Fieros, Celicas or Probes.

Edited by 630land

Guess I'll be the heretic here and say, "I like it!"

It looks like a cool car. We'll see in 2009 though if the design holds up.

Looks like the new 'Stang sure got the attention of Chevy and Dodge (I like the new Challenger too!) - this is good for us, since competition will inspire Ford to update the 'Stang design (hopefully!)

Letting the 'Stang languish for 14 years without a significant redesign (the Fox platform, 1979 to 1993) was unforgiveable and had better not be repeated! I'm glad to see the rebirth of the muscle car once more.

The beltline looks like the chrysler 300C, that in turn makes the top look chopped. I have seen a few 300C's that look nice with the right color and wheels, but that look on a pony car..........I don't think so. The rest looks a little to far out there, but would expect a production model to be toned down. What can you say, but bring it on. I hope they do a better job of building something you can live with on a daily basis.