Shipment stopped

ELlover

Ok so I just got off the phone with Ford and I was told that shipment was called back on ALL Expedition El's and no known ETA. WTH is going on? Is there something seriously wrong with the car? I tell you this, this is very frustrating. I am in a lease that is over in miles and was due back at the beginning of the month so everyday that I wait I am losing money. i am a VERY loyal Ford customer but the new Suburban is starting to sound good if these things arent going to be here soon. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on and how long it may take. Thanks :shrug:

Well, we just talked to our zone rep and she said as of 2 or 3 days ago they just started releasing them. So hopefully my EL will arrive in the next week or 2. SUcks that we are so far from the plant that it takes longer for us to get them. Oh well I know it will be worth my wait, least now I kinda know whats going on.

ELlover,

I'm in the same boat as you. Lease is up, miles are used up, and I don't want to extend my lease for another month.

My EL was built on Aug 2. Status report still shows Aug 17 for dealer ETA. I talked to Ford yesterday and they told me that they placed a stop shipment on all '07s and had no idea when it would be lifted. The last known location of mine was still at the ramp waiting to be loaded on a railcar. I sure hope you are correct about them releasing the '07s.

My dealer knows he's about to lose a sale of another '07 Expedition and an '07 Navigator to my Brother and Dad. Needless to say He's doing everything he can to get it here, but Ford doesn't seem to care!! :shrug:

This is what the NHTSA says.....

2007 FORD EXPEDITION TIRES:TREAD/BELT

Recall Date: 07/06/2005

Summary:

ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE FRONT AND REAR TIRES ON THE DRIVER??S SIDE OF AFFECTED VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN DAMAGED AT THE CENTER TREAD DURING PRODUCTION.

Consequence:

OVER TIME, THE DAMAGE MAY BE SUFFICIENT TO ALLOW BELT CORROSION ULTIMATELY LEADING TO A TREAD SEPARATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL INSPECT ALL FOUR TIRES (TO ENSURE INSPECTION OF THE LEFT HAND SIDE TIRES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN ROTATED TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE VEHICLE) FOR TIRE TREAD DAMAGE AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE DAMAGED TIRE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 13, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-800-392-3673.

Potential Units Affected: 10061

Notes: FORD EXPEDITION 05S35

See http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2007/ford/e...alls/index.html and click on recalls.

We're off to a good start.

Bob

Edited by ExpyBob

This is what the NHTSA says.....

2007 FORD EXPEDITION TIRES:TREAD/BELT

Recall Date: 07/06/2005

Summary:

ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE FRONT AND REAR TIRES ON THE DRIVER??S SIDE OF AFFECTED VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN DAMAGED AT THE CENTER TREAD DURING PRODUCTION.

We're off to a good start.

Bob

The only thing is look at the recall date. I dont think this will effect us, or hope not. Well Thank God I got the 20's on mine. :doh:

ELlover,

I'm in the same boat as you. Lease is up, miles are used up, and I don't want to extend my lease for another month.

My EL was built on Aug 2. Status report still shows Aug 17 for dealer ETA. I talked to Ford yesterday and they told me that they placed a stop shipment on all '07s and had no idea when it would be lifted. The last known location of mine was still at the ramp waiting to be loaded on a railcar. I sure hope you are correct about them releasing the '07s.

My dealer knows he's about to lose a sale of another '07 Expedition and an '07 Navigator to my Brother and Dad. Needless to say He's doing everything he can to get it here, but Ford doesn't seem to care!! :shrug:

I have to extend my lease on the 4th so I am hoping it comes before then. I bet yours is probably getting ready to be sent out if what I was told for the zone rep is true. You will have to let us know when you get yours. Mine was also getting ready to be put on the rail so hopefully we both get lucky. I have a friend who swears she knows someone in California that she got hers last friday, I find that HIGHLY unlikely. Anyway, I guess we sit tight and wait and I am sure it will be worth it. I am thankfull that they are trying to resolve all issues before it gets to the dealer cause I sure dont want my new EL sitting at the service department.

Keep us posted when you or anyone you know gets theirs and I will as well.

Tiffany :runaway:

Please don't change your mind on the Expy & Navi, the guys & gals at MTP are really busting their butts to build a quality product & we are at threat to close especially if sales don't go well. My Dad worked for MTP for 38 years & my Big Brother & my husband both work there now, these are a group of good , hard working people who take pride in their work. Please keep your confidence in us, we do APPRETIATE your business. After all, because of you & the other folk who purchase our product are helping to provide a way for us to support our families.

Thank you again...

I actualy work at the plant that makes these trucks and, what happened is that on of the guides in the floor came loose and ,were sticking up. It tore up some tires but, The problem was taken care of pretty quickly. You need to give us a little room to make the best product that we can...our asses are on the line!

Well, its good that it was caught before something bad happened. I am glad you guys over there are taking your time and making a good truck, I know in the long run thats what count but man I hate waiting haha

Ok so I just got off the phone with Ford and I was told that shipment was called back on ALL Expedition El's and no known ETA. WTH is going on? Is there something seriously wrong with the car? I tell you this, this is very frustrating. I am in a lease that is over in miles and was due back at the beginning of the month so everyday that I wait I am losing money. i am a VERY loyal Ford customer but the new Suburban is starting to sound good if these things arent going to be here soon. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on and how long it may take. Thanks :shrug:

I work at MTP as an inspector in the garage, what is happening is the first 5000 that come off the line are going to a MOD center where they will be gone over with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is just right for the customer. Its not just the EL's its all models that are being held. We didn't get the ok to ship until Sept 8. So please be patience with us we're trying to get you a near perfect if not a perfect Expedition EL.

I REALLY, REALLY hope that Ford gets it right with the 2007 Expedition.

Before I get flamed by members of the board, please note that I have owned a series of 20 (new) Fords over the last 35 years, but for the last 6 years, I have owned two BMW's, a Lexus and my wife's Acura MDX. In those six years, the Lexus and Acura have been in the dealership a total of zero times, and the BMW's were in for scheduled (and complimentary) maintenance only.

Last fall, I bought a 2004 Expedition from Village Ford in Dearborn. It was a lease turn in from a Ford employee at WHQ, with all maintenance done and documented by the dealership. In 12 months and 13,000 miles of driving, I have had to replace the heater/ac blower motor as well as significant components in the supplemental safety restraint system.

Over the years, I have had similarly poor reliability from my Fords, so I switched to the foreign competition. Living in metro Detroit, it bothered me greatly, but frankly, it's my money and my company doesn't do business with Ford.

Over the last few months, I have seen far too many of my neighbors and friends affected by the hard times at Ford. Some of it is well earned and deserved (no real car strategy, betting the farm on trucks, UAW with the "jobs bank" (only in Detroit to you get paid to do nothing)), but much of it requires retail customers like myself to give Ford "another chance."

I have sold my 2005 Lexus LS430, and will sell my 2004 Expedition when my new Expedition is delivered. I hope I did the right thing, and I hope that things turn around for the many, many good people of Ford.

This issue with the vehicles being put on hold is either very good (quality is Job 1), or it is something that scares the crap out of me (It is a bad Job 1 launch) Given Ford's announcement of future cutbacks, I really worry about the number of good, talented, hard working people that will be leaving. From a selfish perspective, I hope mine is built right, and doesn't become a "warranty is Job 1" vehicle.

To all of the Ford people on the board, I'm voting with my money, and buying your product. Please do your best to make this model Expedition the best one ever.

I work at MTP as an inspector in the garage, what is happening is the first 5000 that come off the line are going to a MOD center where they will be gone over with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is just right for the customer. Its not just the EL's its all models that are being held. We didn't get the ok to ship until Sept 8. So please be patience with us we're trying to get you a near perfect if not a perfect Expedition EL.

Thank you thats what I like to hear. I heard that the EL's are in at some of the dealers out here, not sure yet if mine came in. :cry: But I think I may go down and test drive one. I' m so glad to hear that you guys are building these with care, cause I sure dont want to have to take my car into service a lot.

So I heard from "someone" that the reason for the hold/call back on the Expedition was something was faulty on the overhead console. Why would they hold all of them and they also said that the should start releasing them in 2 weeks. I hope this is it, I really do because I do love the Product and hate to go to Chevy, they just look funky to me... :blah:

So I heard from "someone" that the reason for the hold/call back on the Expedition was something was faulty on the overhead console. Why would they hold all of them and they also said that the should start releasing them in 2 weeks. I hope this is it, I really do because I do love the Product and hate to go to Chevy, they just look funky to me... :blah:

great, something the dealer needs to inspect, there s a comforting thought !

imo , the holdback on shipping might be mostly due to high inventory levels at the dealers of 06 s.

chevy and gmc dealers in my area are loaded with suburbans and yukons......

got a price on a loaded yukon xl, except navigation, for 675/month 39 month gmc lease, sign and drive 1st month payment and mv... very temping.

Pioneer has a point -- if you're planning on paying $700 a month to lease, it sounds like you're in over your head.

Buy it outright, or go smaller. What are you going to use this Yukon for anyway?

in over my head :shrug: would be used to replace 03 navigator lease i had..

why lease u ask, why buy ? i bought the van and regret that bigtime, i m stuck with a pos psd van that has no resale value, a 37k sticker van with trade values at 15k 2 1/2 years later with only 32k on odo.... had it been leased, problems would be fords again in 36months rather than mine.