IS THE BOSS MUSTANG A MYTH

gafry

There were rumors that Ford would be coming out with a BOSS MUSTANG model

in 2008. Now we hear about a Bullitt Model in 2008 what going on??? Are we just

being fooled into keeping our eyes on Ford as they string us along ?

Maybe next year will be the year for the model of Mustang you desire.

Does anyone out there have any real information on new Mustang models

and when they may be coming ?

Well, Ford never announced one way or the other that a Boss would return in 2008, only that they would continue to offer yearly special editions. Seems appropriate to bring the Bullitt back for 2008, as the GT500 will likely still have most of the thunder then and Ford has a tradition of slowly building up the "mid-market" on the Mustang. The first Bullitt arrived before the Mach 1. This time around we have the California Special first with minor tweaks, then the Bullitt with a few more, and then another Mach 1-like special edition that goes another step further. I see another special edition arriving for the '09 model year, but I would lean more toward the return of the Mach 1 than a Boss though.

Also keep in mind the GT500 is only supposed to be a 3 year model run. We'll see how that pans out. Perhaps Ford is keeping the "Boss" name in the stable as a replacement for the GT500.

Just my opinion.

Edited by NickF1011

The boss mustang might not happen, as Ford seems to be gravitating to use BOSS as the name for the new V8 engines.

I was one of the people that said, that Boss mustang is coming - this was from eliable sources - but given the announcement last friday, it seems the sources got the name of the mustang wrong.

Igor

There were rumors that Ford would be coming out with a BOSS MUSTANG model

in 2008. Now we hear about a Bullitt Model in 2008 what going on??? Are we just

being fooled into keeping our eyes on Ford as they string us along ?

Maybe next year will be the year for the model of Mustang you desire.

Does anyone out there have any real information on new Mustang models

and when they may be coming ?

I don't have any solid dates and the such, but after the "Way Forward, part 2" they gave us a brief talking to at AAI and told us that we would be building the Boss in the near future. I don't have any other information other than that.

I don't have any solid dates and the such, but after the "Way Forward, part 2" they gave us a brief talking to at AAI and told us that we would be building the Boss in the near future. I don't have any other information other than that.

Thank you for the information and please keep us informed on the BOSS

• 11 years later...
  • 9 months later...

SVOGT, your car looks very familiar. Are you original owner or was it purchased around the Lumberton, NJ area? Grill looks as though it was upgraded with driving light blanks replaced with grates and if you have dash pod and "ram air" hood monikers, Kooks shorty headers and the Laguna Seca wheels?

Not being nosy nosy but was on Boss 302 forum and owner just disappeared. Wish he stayed around but many move on too....

Edited by Rich B.