Welcome to Blue Oval Forums
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images
- Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Lincoln Corsair Fast Tracked?
Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:23 AM
- NLPRacing likes this
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:48 AM
Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:21 PM
I don't think it is being fasttracked. Ford had always been planning to introduce the new MKC (now Corsair...) in 2019 in China. That's why it skipped the normal Ford mid cycle update.
The US production date slipped a bit to 2020 when plans to build the new generation in Mexico got scrubbed.
Edited by bzcat, 13 July 2018 - 12:22 PM.
Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:11 PM
It hasn't been fast-tracked, it was always intended to coincide with new Escape so I don't get the logic there. It is one MY behind Escape however so expect a 3-6 month production lag between the Ford and Lincoln. I suspect that's why they updated the MKC for 2019, it will run for two more MY's before the 2021 Corsair.
Edited by Assimilator, 13 July 2018 - 01:12 PM.