Parts for ford sedan after production ends?

Im thinking buying a new FiSt or FoST and and have a lot of concerns about their reliability. But what im most concerned about is replacement parts after production ends for Ford sedans. I would imagine some basic parts would be very expensive to get since they are not in production. Anyone else have this concerns?

Dont worry about it. Look at how expensive it is to get new parts for other models that have been out of production for a long time.

Also, I believe there is a certain legal obligation to keep parts in production for a certain amount of time after discontinuing or redesigning a model.

Also, I believe there is a certain legal obligation to keep parts in production for a certain amount of time after discontinuing or redesigning a model.

That, I'm told, is an urban legend. The manufacturers have to produce a certain amount of parts just to be able to meet their warranty obligations, but they're apparently under no legal obligation to do so.

As for the STs, I believe they'll still be in production in Europe, so I wouldn't worry about parts disappearing any time soon.

Edited by SoonerLS

Im thinking buying a new FiSt or FoST and and have a lot of concerns about their reliability. But what im most concerned about is replacement parts after production ends for Ford sedans. I would imagine some basic parts would be very expensive to get since they are not in production. Anyone else have this concerns?

No, now go buy a Toyota and stop trolling Ford fan sites, or get a Focus and drive on.....Ford will still be building Foci....

Edited by twintornados

That, I'm told, is an urban legend. The manufacturers have to produce a certain amount of parts just to be able to meet their warranty obligations, but they're apparently under no legal obligation to do so.

As for the STs, I believe they'll still be in production in Europe, so I wouldn't worry about parts disappearing any time soon.

It's interesting that the new European Focus has an ST Line trim level but it doesn't come with the 2.0 Ecoboost...

Dont worry about it. Look at how expensive it is to get new parts for other models that have been out of production for a long time.

I believe the requirement is 10 years from end of production.

I've put almost 50,000 on my FoST and I have had no problems at all. It's only been back to the dealer for a door latch recall. There are also people doing aggressive tuning, bolting on bigger turbos and all kinds of other mayhem and as far as I know there have not been an inordinate number of issues.

I dont know, MAP has hundreds of body panels for Focus and C-Max just sitting unused in racks in the body shop right now. The body sides will probably go to scrap but things like fenders and hoods wont.

That's because it doesn't make economic sense to destroy parts that have a resale value that exceeds the scrap value, not because they're required to make them.

It's interesting that the new European Focus has an ST Line trim level but it doesn't come with the 2.0 Ecoboost...

Now that you've mentioned ST Line, I recall reading somewhere this week that the U.S. 2019 Fiesta will be available with the

ST Line trim. Maybe the full spec ST won't be avaliable?

Now that you've mentioned ST Line, I recall reading somewhere this week that the U.S. 2019 Fiesta will be available with the

ST Line trim. Maybe the full spec ST won't be avaliable?

Both will be available. The only thing that has changed, is that now they are allowing the ST visual changes be applied to the car with no mechanical upgrades. So if you like the way the ST looks and want none of the bite, you now can choose the ST appearance package in the US.