So the Continental isn't dead?

Even if you need to be a living torso to fit in them, the Mustang And Camaro are still 4 seaters.

They're 4-seaters in the same way my T-Bird SC was. It did, technically, have a back seat, but what it really had was a leather-upholstered package shelf. The pony cars are also not in the luxury class.

Interesting on both counts!

As you seem to be well informed.......do you have a view as to what model year the next-gen CD6/S650 is due? Most recently I've seen the 2022 (as an early '23MY) and even a rumour of 2025!! That latter seems crazy late.....the former kind of fits with the '20 Explorer, '21 Aviator timeline. I'd appreciate your thoughts :)

I just get things from the construction/development side of the equation. From the early plans will be re configuring the plant when they do the switch to fix some of the bottle necks, the plant is kinda weirdly laid out. It will be much early than MY2023, based on where engineering plans are I'd guess MY2021 but and things at Ford have been very fluid over the past 6 months, you can have plans scrapped and then brought back in 2 weeks later.

• Like 2

They will be made at Flat Rock, Mustang / Continental. The MKZ replacement will be slightly smaller footprint than the current MKZ but with a longer wheel base and will be a coupe profile Sedan and Convertible (which may also have optional 4 Doors).

Glad to see Lincoln continue sedans but do it have to be small?, the MKZ is a bit small, something a bit larger can do especially if rwd Continental will be limited production.

Glad to see Lincoln continue sedans but do it have to be small?, the MKZ is a bit small, something a bit larger can do especially if rwd Continental will be limited production.

Go convince all those buyers that are no longer buying the larger sedans.

• Like 1

Go convince all those buyers that are no longer buying the larger sedans.

Yea but replacing a mid-size car with a smaller car while the large car is in the 6-figure range isnt great either. Maybe the rwd Continental will have a large price range like the current model and the 6-figure model will be limited to go against V8-CT6, S-Class, etc.

Yea but replacing a mid-size car with a smaller car while the large car is in the 6-figure range isnt great either. Maybe the rwd Continental will have a large price range like the current model and the 6-figure model will be limited to go against V8-CT6, S-Class, etc.

The "6-figure model" is the rumored limited edition limo model due in 2019 on the current Continental and it is said to be limited to a few hundred. If there is a follow up RWD Continental later in the 2020's (lets hope) I'm sure it will still be way under $100,000.

I just get things from the construction/development side of the equation. From the early plans will be re configuring the plant when they do the switch to fix some of the bottle necks, the plant is kinda weirdly laid out. It will be much early than MY2023, based on where engineering plans are I'd guess MY2021 but and things at Ford have been very fluid over the past 6 months, you can have plans scrapped and then brought back in 2 weeks later.

Thank you, I really appreciate the reply.

Pity they don't do tours of Flat Rock like they do the Rouge Plant......I've visited the latter, but only got to see the outside of FRAP when I visited Michigan (I'm from England!) a couple of years ago :)

As for the timeline.....'21 was the original date for S650/Next-gen Mustang, so it'd be cool if we're back to that date again. But, as you say, Ford are in a state of turmoil at the moment, so I guess we can only wait to see the first camo'd prototypes to give us a better indication of when its coming :)

Thank you, I really appreciate the reply.

Pity they don't do tours of Flat Rock like they do the Rouge Plant......I've visited the latter, but only got to see the outside of FRAP when I visited Michigan (I'm from England!) a couple of years ago :)

As for the timeline.....'21 was the original date for S650/Next-gen Mustang, so it'd be cool if we're back to that date again. But, as you say, Ford are in a state of turmoil at the moment, so I guess we can only wait to see the first camo'd prototypes to give us a better indication of when its coming :)

Go on YouTube and search National Geographic Mustang. Its from a few years ago (2011ish) but most of the info still applies today. They dont run quite as fast as stated in that anymore though. Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Go on YouTube and search National Geographic Mustang. Its from a few years ago (2011ish) but most of the info still applies today. They dont run quite as fast as stated in that anymore though.

Thank you, yes, that's what whetted my appetite to visit. Also, the film/documentary "A Faster Horse" is a must watch for Mustang fans :)

I still think it will be between MKZ and Continental in size

I wonder if that opens the door to considering something like the MKR sized vehicle,

RWD proportions giving a fresh look to just one good Lincoln car....

54c861ef333f7_-_lincoln-mkr-concept-det.

The styling has moved on, I do like the size of the vehicle but could the designers

do justice to the sleek four door design required...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Oh wow they showed a sketch?

That means its not even close to being given the go for production yet

I disagree, I think it obviously shows the MKZ replacement coming in 2020. The video of the event shows the head Lincoln designer discussing their design mantra and showed previous sketches of the Continental then the new Aviator and ended with these, with a coy “I bet you’ll have some questions about this!”