2019 Edge Order Guide

ice-capades

Thanks for this as I've been waiting out of curiosity. Interesting to see that the Class II Tow Package is only offered on the AWD versions. It's also standard on the Edge ST whereas it wasn't even offered on the current Edge Sport. Looks to be a good seller than current one, I think.

Typo, package states that it includes 21” wheels.

Yes but the brake rotors may be sized to fit minimum 18" wheels (You have to allow for the caliper in addition to the rotor diameter.

I've been told that's a common way to refer to brake rotors/packages.

So I spoke to my dealer here in Canada and he sent me a copy of the Canadian Order Guide - There's no ST Performance Brake Option for Canada!

Extremely disappointed if this is the case and Canada never gets the Performance Brakes option. We can still get the 21" Wheels but none of the other improvements.

Attached the Canadian Order Guide if anyone is interested.

order guide 2019 edge Canada.pdf

Edited by Rimcrim
  • Like 1

IIRC the brake package is late availability so maybe they just left it out of the Canadian guide for now but will add it later.

It’s not that hard to get a big brake kit aftermarket though if it’s not available from Ford.

True, but even if you do that there's still the Brushless Radiator Cooling Fan, Summer Tires, and Vented Brake Shields that you don't get, not to mention warranty coverage.

I did ask the dealer if it could be a Late Availability option but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

True, but even if you do that there's still the Brushless Radiator Cooling Fan, Summer Tires, and Vented Brake Shields that you don't get, not to mention warranty coverage.

I did ask the dealer if it could be a Late Availability option but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Do they normally offer summer tire packages in Canada?

No need to go above 75F for summer tires in Canada...

How hot is Toronto in the summer?
Summer months in Toronto are from June to September. The summers in Toronto can be hot and humid with a few smog days thrown in. Summer temps in Toronto can range anywhere between 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F).

How hot is Toronto in the summer?
Summer months in Toronto are from June to September. The summers in Toronto can be hot and humid with a few smog days thrown in. Summer temps in Toronto can range anywhere between 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F).

Back to the doctor with you...your sarcasm detector is broken.

Wait...their summer months are the same as ours? Whouda thunk it? :)

Do they normally offer summer tire packages in Canada?

Fair point, but where I live it almost never snows and is often quite hot. :)

All Seasons are probably better for the Canadian market, but I still don't know why they can't include the rest of the package with All Seasons instead.

• 3 weeks later...

How does the 19 Edge AWD differ from what was used in the past? Does the driver actually disconnect the AWD or does that happen automatically when it isn't needed? Will this lessen the mileage drag for AWD? We have a 13 Edge FWD and have stayed away from AWD due to the cost and mileage penalty. We have a 4X4 F150 when things get really bad.

Sounds like it happens automatically. Not sure how it's implemented but the only thing that makes sense to me is that they're either disconnecting the PTU and/or the rear drive shaft at the PTU with an electronic clutch of some kind.

disconnecting the PTU and/or the rear drive shaft at the PTU with an electronic clutch of some kind.

This is how it works in the system they used for the Focus RS, and they said at the time that future FWD/AWD systems would be based off of that one. Im 90% sure it disconnects at the rear end but I could be wrong about that.