Howdy Neighbors!

TowinRig

Just signed up so I can share and learn from the membership. I am 54 years young and in my past life was a dealership tech. for Mercedes Benz/Porsche and Ford. I also did a short stint as a marine mechanic but that turned out to be a lesson in frustration and being poor! Now I am an IT Manager at a law firm in CT. I am married and have two labs and a parrot. In my free time I love to fish been doing that most all my life. I fish mainly salt water these days but might venture back into some fresh water stuff here soon. I also got my pistol permit several years back and enjoy shooting of all kinds. When I am not doing those things you might find me out on the golf course. My first Ford was a 91' Ranger that I bought while living in California and drove back east with my then girlfriend now wife towing her 73' Super Beetle the whole way. Quite an adventure I must say. That truck was ok but started giving me trouble not long after moving back east. Had to put several transmissions in her and that was pretty infuriating. I finally gave up and threw a 5.0 Mustang FI motor in her with an AOD and a ton of James Duff Enterprises goodies. Got rid of her in 2002 for a 2000 F-150 Lariat that had 25k on the clock and cost me $25k. That truck has been pretty much a rock of reliability and I have only had to replace normal stuff. She however has not weathered the northeast winters very well and the body/bed are literally turning to dust before my eyes. So finally made the decision to retire ole Bessy for a new ride. Picked up a 2012 F-250 XLT Premium last Tuesday with 55k on the clock. She has the 6.2 gasser because I really don't need a diesel and all the maintenance issues that go along with a diesel. My boat isn't huge only 20 ft. center console on a dual axle trailer. Fully loaded I don't think it is much more than 5500# total. The truck pulls the boat fantastic much easier than the old 5.4 motor. But at the expense of fuel economy. The F-150 5.4 really got some great gas mileage towing the boat 17-18 mpg. but this new beast according to the computer is only getting about 11.9 mpg. That is fine though because I only really use it for pulling the boat and carrying heavy loads etc.

Well that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Glad to be here and hope to learn a lot.