Next Gen Mustang has a 2022 Production date....

I don't see how it cant have Edge/Nautilus on it too, despite the talk that C2 can accommodate "up to Edge size vehicles."

That's what I thought but I've seen at least one source that says Edge was going to CD6 at one time but not now. At least not soon. So who knows at this point.

You can fit a car seat in the back seat for one. The trunk is actually useable for more than a backpack

The Mustangs trunk isnt that small. I can fit two golf bags in the trunk. I can also fold down the rear seats and fit my bike in the trunk. Of course, I do have to remove the front wheel.
  • Like 1

The Mustangs trunk isnt that small. I can fit two golf bags in the trunk. I can also fold down the rear seats and fit my bike in the trunk. Of course, I do have to remove the front wheel.

I would still not call the trunk of the Mustang "big" by any means though.

That's most cars. My Fusion is the same way, can't fit my bike in it without taking the front wheel off either.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

It's ALL about the profit margin.
Ford is embarking on finding way's to aggressively and quickly get to a 10% profit margin.
Next contract negotiations could get interesting.........

Edited by 2016RS

I dont think Ford will ever split up Mustang production. I think they love the idea of it being built in one plant. It makes it more special that way.

Mustang was originally built in multiple plants.

Of course, it was also selling about a half a million units per year, so...

• Like 1

I'm not sure how many Midsize RWD utilities Ford can sell, if Edge moves to CD6 it would mean ALL of their vehicles above Escape will be RWD standard which makes it a terrible proposition for anybody concerned about all-weather traction that doesn't want to spend for AWD. I'm really curious to see what happens with Explorer but it seems like this is going to be targeting a smaller crowd than today with a preference for more premium shoppers.

Edited by Assimilator

I'm really curious to see what happens with Explorer but it seems like this is going to be targeting a smaller crowd than today with a preference for more premium shoppers.

Thiis feels a lot like let's go after Grand Cherokee.......

Meh. A rwd with proper weight balance is really no worse than a fwd in winter. Yeah, if you did such a bad job at designing the thing and ended up with a 70/30 weight balance, then yes, rwd is going to suck compared to fwd.

The manufactures really have nothing but themselves to blame. They spent most of the 80s and 90s pushing the idea that fwd is inherrantly better in snow when all it really had to do with was the awful weight balance most of those cars had.

I know I sound like a broken record, but tires are far more important than which axle is getting power.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

Meh. A rwd with proper weight balance is really no worse than a fwd in winter. Yeah, if you did such a bad job at designing the thing and ended up with a 70/30 weight balance, then yes, rwd is going to suck compared to fwd.

The manufactures really have nothing but themselves to blame. They spent most of the 80s and 90s pushing the idea that fwd is inherrantly better in snow when all it really had to do with was the awful weight balance most of those cars had.

I know I sound like a broken record, but tires are far more important than which axle is getting power.

Totally agree, Unfortunately once the idea is out there it becomes fact in most peoples minds. I bet if you did a survey 98% of people would say FWD is far superior to RWD in wet and snow conditions.

Maybe Ford is intending to slot a FWD/AWD CUV in between Escape and Edge while moving Edge and Explorer up market a little.

I'm not sure how many Midsize RWD utilities Ford can sell, if Edge moves to CD6 it would mean ALL of their vehicles above Escape will be RWD standard which makes it a terrible proposition for anybody concerned about all-weather traction that doesn't want to spend for AWD. I'm really curious to see what happens with Explorer but it seems like this is going to be targeting a smaller crowd than today with a preference for more premium shoppers.

I think most CUV buyers concerned about traction go for AWD nowadays. Heck even buyers in the South seem to go for it more often than not where we don't really need it.