Reuss Wrecks Pace Car

mackinaw

I can hear it now...."Who the hell checked this car out? did someone check tire pressures"?? blah blah. I've often wondered just how much attention is given to the abilities of some of the celebrities who end up driving a pace car.-then again not exactly a Camry on a Nascar oval.

Will Power summed it up well.

After the race, IndyCar driver Will Power was sympathetic to Reuss' mishap.

"I felt really bad for whoever was in the pace car," Power said.

"It's very easy to do, and the traction control must have been turned off. Wasn't really his fault."

Reuss is a rather accomplished test driver, i think he was caught out when the car over-steered,

looked like ge got on the throttle a little early before he cleared the slight hump in the track.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Mark Reuss is a certified industry pool test driver on the North Course of the Nürburgring Motorsport Racetrack in Germany, and is licensed for FIA C and IMSA Road Racing.

https://itsdetroit2018.org/markreuss/

No doubt he's a good driver, but to destroy a new Corvette in front of the home crowd.......well..........he's got some explaining to do.

Mark Reuss is a certified industry pool test driver on the North Course of the Nürburgring Motorsport Racetrack in Germany, and is licensed for FIA C and IMSA Road Racing.

https://itsdetroit2018.org/markreuss/

Apparently, that title and $1 will get you a coffee at McDonalds.

If it were me...I would have jumped out of the car, put my fists in the air and shouted, "I meant that!!!", dropped the keys on the hood and skipped away.

Edited by twintornados

Patrick Bedard of Car and Driver crashed an indy car on a test lap too, running it into a wall while waving to the audience. Anyone can screw up.

It wasn't on a test lap, it was in the 1984 Indy 500. He crashed on the 59th lap and was severely injured. He crashed in the 1983 race too.