Will the Chrysler Brand get Dropped this Friday?

Anthony

So far so good as I said before Chrysler (along with Fiat, Dodge and so ) will be regional brands. More to come. Interesting the Durango gose back to BOF for Tahoe/Expedition competition.

Edited by Fgts

Why would it with Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer reboot on the way?

Speaking of that it's much clear what FCA is doing with the Ram-based SUVs

Durango=Tahoe=Expedition

Wagoner=Yukon=Expedition plat.

G. Wagoner=Escalade=Navi

Speaking of that it's much clear what FCA is doing with the Ram-based SUVs

Durango=Tahoe=Expedition

Wagoner=Yukon=Expedition plat.

G. Wagoner=Escalade=Navi

I figured the Grand Wagoneer was just the Wagoneer but larger, like Expedition and Expedition Max or whatever they decided to call it now.

I still don't understand why they don't just rebrand RAM and Chrysler products as Dodge and be done with it. Doesn't matter what's in the corporate name - General Motors doesn't have any brands named General or Motors.

And I don't think there are any stand alone RAM or Chrysler dealers so it's just a name change.

Uh....GMC ?? Stands for General Motors Truck Company

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_(automobile)

Edited by twintornados

Some brand loyalists swear that buyers walk out of a Mopar since there's no badge job Chrysler versions of Cherokee or Compass. I mean really? Get a life.

FCA sales were up this past May, no need for badge jobs, just so car needs can add to trivia contest.

The story about the brand dying was click bait, since some get so emotional about it.

BTW, Pacifica can be a Ram product, not Jeep.

Edited by 630land

Some brand loyalists swear that buyers walk out of a Mopar since there's no badge job Chrysler versions of Cherokee or Compass. I mean really? Get a life.

The story about the brand dying was click bait, since some get so emotional about it.

BTW, Pacifica can be a Ram product, not Jeep.

RAM Pacifica ----- ehhh...doesn't sound "tough enough" for a RAM label...Caravan? Sure...

Jeep Pacifica -----seems to go with the "go anywhere" maxim of Jeep....

I figured the Grand Wagoneer was just the Wagoneer but larger, like Expedition and Expedition Max or whatever they decided to call it now.

I think you're right.

Look at the chart in the Jeep presentation (about 3/4 the way through, not sure what page)

It has Grand Cherokee in the "E" segment. And they show "Grand Cherokee 2-row", and "E-segment 3 row" in the "E" column (I think it'll wind up being a 3-row GC.

Then, they have "return of the storied Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer" in the F-segment, but listed as one vehicle entrant, not separate models like Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.

RAM Pacifica ----- ehhh...doesn't sound "tough enough" for a RAM label...Caravan? Sure...

Jeep Pacifica -----seems to go with the "go anywhere" maxim of Jeep....

At least, they used the Pacifica name before. I had a Shelby Z. My first new car.

I think you're right.

Look at the chart in the Jeep presentation (about 3/4 the way through, not sure what page)

It has Grand Cherokee in the "E" segment. And they show "Grand Cherokee 2-row", and "E-segment 3 row" in the "E" column (I think it'll wind up being a 3-row GC.

Then, they have "return of the storied Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer" in the F-segment, but listed as one vehicle entrant, not separate models like Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.

A three row Grand Cherokee will be interesting. Ive never considered the Grand Cherokee because its lack of a third row.

There is not now nor ever was a need to split off RAM. OTOH it didn't cost much since no dealer changes were required.

The separation has never made any sense to me. Perhaps the feeling was that Ram could garner higher prices without the Dodge name attached?

I am thinking that if FCA were going to eliminate one brand, the best bet would be to eliminate Dodge rather than Chrysler.

For one, Sergio is focusing on luxury and high-margin brands and I suspect a Chrysler brand could command prices above a Dodge brand.

Dodge sales last month were approx. 47k while Chrysler sales were 15k, but if the Caravan (moslty fleet now anyway and gone soon) were a Town & Country instead, then the Caravans 15.5k units would have made Dodge and Chrysler brands nearly equal last month at around 31k units each.

Move the next Journey and Durango over to Chrysler and the next Challenger having a Barracuda trim level and Dodge could be eliminated.

Some say it stands for Grabowsky Motor Vehicle Company

Info I posted was confirmed on wikipedia...I tried to look up your information on Some-ipidia and came up with nothing. The Grabowsky brothers never named it anything other than Rapid Motor Vehicle Co....when GM stepped in and bought it, they renamed it GMC without any concern for the Grabowsky brothers since Willaim C. Durant was all about making money, not friends...

Of course, I could be wrong....I have been wrong in the past and I am sure I will be wrong in the future....yours is an interesting tid-bit though...

Rapid-motor-vehicle_1906_ad.jpg

Edited by twintornados

I suspect a Chrysler brand could command prices above a Dodge brand.

My local CDRJ dealer has quite a few high end Chargers and Challengers with prices far above the 300's it has on the lots. I'm not sure Chrysler can command higher prices than Dodge anymore.