2019 Mustang Order Status/Scheduling

Delphiexec

Hello everyone, new to the forum, went to my local ford dealer on April 6 and placed an order for a 2019 Mustang GT Premium. This is my first new car order and was wondering if anyone would be able to help with any info? I emailed the salesman on May 16 to see if he had any updates info or even a VIN and he said there was no update available yet. What I don't understand is in another forum some guy said he ordered his Mustang the first week of May and he already has a VIN number. Is that possible??

2019 Mustang GT Premium

Kona Blue, 401A, Automatic, B&O Audio, Active Exhaust, 3.55 Diff., Midnight Blue Int.

Order Number: T01A

Dealer: F24002

Priority: 10

VIN: 1FA6P8CF5K5103611

Scheduled to Day (2018-06-20)

• Like 2

Like others this is my first time to the forum and I’ve learned a lot from all of you. Second thank you to all that keep us all up to date. Like others I ordered my first mustang and was wondering if anyone can help provide an update on my order. This order was placed 4/14. I had an order for a 2018 that missed the deadline originally.

2019 GT Premium: Kona Blue, 401a, Performance package, Magna ride, Midnight Blue interior

Order Number: K123

Dealer: F58014

Priority Code: 1, This is what they provided me, but based on what I’m learning from all I’m guessing it something between 10-20.

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a little assistance here if possible.

I placed an order for an 18 GT with PP1 and Magneride back in Jan. Found out in April that due to order constraints my order wasn't going to be fulfilled. So I placed my order for my 19 Performance Pack 2 on the 5th of April.

Today my salesman/dealership is telling me that the magneride is still on constraint? When I questioned how that was possible on a MY 19 when they haven't started building them yet I got told it's a supplier issue. My concern is that I am getting jerked around here. I used the dealership to process the sale of my old car to get the break on the sales tax as it was considered a trade in.

Can someone in the know confirm this data or at least give me a status on my current order please?

Order number: C002

Dealer Number F56566

2019 Mustang GT, Performance Pack 2, Orange Fury, 6 Speed Manual and the 401A with the BO upgraded sound.

Thanks for the help in this

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a little assistance here if possible.

I placed an order for an 18 GT with PP1 and Magneride back in Jan. Found out in April that due to order constraints my order wasn't going to be fulfilled. So I placed my order for my 19 Performance Pack 2 on the 5th of April.

Today my salesman/dealership is telling me that the magneride is still on constraint? When I questioned how that was possible on a MY 19 when they haven't started building them yet I got told it's a supplier issue. My concern is that I am getting jerked around here. I used the dealership to process the sale of my old car to get the break on the sales tax as it was considered a trade in.

Can someone in the know confirm this data or at least give me a status on my current order please?

Order number: C002

Dealer Number F56566

2019 Mustang GT, Performance Pack 2, Orange Fury, 6 Speed Manual and the 401A with the BO upgraded sound.

Thanks for the help in this

The MagneRide Damping System has always been a controlled commodity. For the New York Region the availability was 6% of orders scheduled for June/July production. Availability for August production is 12% of orders. Availability of controlled commodities varies by Dealer and is subject to change. I do not have access to the commodity rates outside the New York Region.

The MagneRide Damping System has always been a controlled commodity. For the New York Region the availability was 6% of orders scheduled for June/July production. Availability for August production is 12% of orders. Availability of controlled commodities varies by Dealer and is subject to change. I do not have access to the commodity rates outside the New York Region.

So I can't place a specific order for a vehicle I want to buy due to geography? That's interesting.

You can order it but with limited availability you may not be able to get it quickly.

But there is no guarantee I would ever get it? I have been trying to get a Mustang built since January and here I am a sniff away from June and I still have no clue if I can even get one built.

It just seems ridiculous to me that a customer has an order in place and it cannot be built because of the state they live in.

Thank you both for the help though. At least I know where I stand.

But there is no guarantee I would ever get it? I have been trying to get a Mustang built since January and here I am a sniff away from June and I still have no clue if I can even get one built.

It just seems ridiculous to me that a customer has an order in place and it cannot be built because of the state they live in.

Thank you both for the help though. At least I know where I stand.

You can definitely get it built but it may take longer than if you were to get one without. You might get lucky and even get it sooner but you can still order it as a '19.

First time poster here. Wondering if anyone can help me with my order status. Cotus is no help but I'm also wondering about the order number my dealer gave me. It doesn't seem to line up with the others I've seen in this thread so I'm not sure what the deal is with that. And I also saw that the dealer code on Ford's fleet site is different from the one on the order sheet.

Order #: 1520

Dealer: F21444 or 21E444?

Last Name: Gregory

2019 GT Premium. 401A. Velocity Blue.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dgregory67

Don't read too much into the order number. It's a random 4 digit number the system spits out. Don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to it.

the correct dealer code that concerns you is F21444. The other is the FIN and that is of no use to you

that said, the reason you posted in the first place;

Also, COTUS is unfinished and completely unreliable.

• Like 3

Hello All.

I've got my order in for 2019 GT in Australia but haven't been told a lot from my dealer so was wondering if I cold get some info here.

Haven't been given a VIN yet but was told car is going to be built mid June. Only sort of tracking information i have is manual ref QFK4 and Stock no 505990. Not sure if they're AUS specific codes but thought I'd give it a shot.

Thank you.

Don't read too much into the order number. It's a random 4 digit number the system spits out. Don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to it.

the correct dealer code that concerns you is F21444. The other is the FIN and that is of no use to you

that said, the reason you posted in the first place;

Also, COTUS is unfinished and completely unreliable.

Thanks for the info. Ford and my dealer have been in the dark on info seemingly. Good to know my order is at least processing. Just wish I could track it.

Hello All.

I've got my order in for 2019 GT in Australia but haven't been told a lot from my dealer so was wondering if I cold get some info here.

Haven't been given a VIN yet but was told car is going to be built mid June. Only sort of tracking information i have is manual ref QFK4 and Stock no 505990. Not sure if they're AUS specific codes but thought I'd give it a shot.

Thank you.

I dont think I can help you, tracking an order in another country requires access that I dont think I have.

Here's hoping my 2019 (and everyone else's) get scheduled tomorrow.

My latest mind blower was tweeting at Ford to see if they could help on why the wait when it was them who cancelled my 2018. They asked me to DM the details, so I did, fully outlining the history and the fact that the 2019 wasn't scheduled and that was what I wanted to talk about. Their response was to simply ask for the VIN, which I obviously don't have. So they told me to talk to the dealer about scheduling, and they'd be glad to tell me the schedule once I have a VIN. All things I could easily do through various other channels.

I mean I know I'm no one special, but from a PR and customer satisfaction perspective you think they'd at least look into the situation based on my series of unfortunate events with the dealership. Honestly this whole dealer middleman process has outlived its usefulness in today's day and age imo. While forums such as this and other mustang sites are obviously the vocal minority, the sheer amount of stories about lack of communication or visibility for ordered cars blow my mind.

Anyways, enough of me being grumpy because I'll likely not get to enjoy the summer with my new toy. Best of luck to everyone and thanks to those on the site that take time out of their day to help us out.

• Like 1

Here's hoping my 2019 (and everyone else's) get scheduled tomorrow.

My latest mind blower was tweeting at Ford to see if they could help on why the wait when it was them who cancelled my 2018. They asked me to DM the details, so I did, fully outlining the history and the fact that the 2019 wasn't scheduled and that was what I wanted to talk about. Their response was to simply ask for the VIN, which I obviously don't have. So they told me to talk to the dealer about scheduling, and they'd be glad to tell me the schedule once I have a VIN. All things I could easily do through various other channels.

I mean I know I'm no one special, but from a PR and customer satisfaction perspective you think they'd at least look into the situation based on my series of unfortunate events with the dealership. Honestly this whole dealer middleman process has outlived its usefulness in today's day and age imo. While forums such as this and other mustang sites are obviously the vocal minority, the sheer amount of stories about lack of communication or visibility for ordered cars blow my mind.

Anyways, enough of me being grumpy because I'll likely not get to enjoy the summer with my new toy. Best of luck to everyone and thanks to those on the site that take time out of their day to help us out.

I know this won't help but you have to remember that Ford has a long term and large financial relationship with the dealer and they don't want to throw the dealer under the bus - especially when there are state franchise laws involved. That's why they just refer you back to the dealer to let them handle it.

• Like 1

Ford gives priority to customer orders. Perhaps your dealer has allocation issues or they put the order in with the wrong priority. Find out the priority from the dealer - it should be 10.

My Priority code is a 19. Is that what is causing the issue then? Or would I be better off just ordering it from a dealership in Vegas and picking it up from there?

My Priority code is a 19. Is that what is causing the issue then? Or would I be better off just ordering it from a dealership in Vegas and picking it up from there?

When ordering its better to order from a bigger dealer. That way theres a better chance they have allocation to get it built faster.
  • Like 1

19 is still a retail order (dealer stock starts at 20). If you’re the only retail order it would get built first. If there are 20 other retail orders at priority 10 yours would be 21. It all depends on what else the dealer has on order.