2018 Order Banks Closed??

I am planning on ordering a Lincoln Navigator. The one local dealer who agreed to accept X plan told me that Lincoln notified them that the 2018 order banks are closed, and that I would have to order a 2019. Has anyone else heard this? Or is it just that this particular dealer has no more allocations for 2018.

If you don't want to wait, you could take the route I took, and search all the dealers in the country for your car, buy it from out of state, and have it shipped.

Your local dealers won't do this search for you, but you can do it yourself using the Lincoln website and some crafty skills. The Lincoln inventory search will only search in a 100 mile radius, so I used this zipcode-map to lookup zipcodes and repeat the search for major metro areas all over the country. If you're not very website savvy, you can post the config you want and I can spend a few minutes and see if I can find one for you.

I live in CA and wanted a white/black Reserve with pass-thru, tech, and seats. I found two on dealer order, and one on a dealer lot in NYC of all places... It took 2 days to get it purchased, and another 2 weeks to get it shipped NYC to CA all the way across the country. Much better than waiting the 4 months I was quoted for a special order.

Edited by Dave_SF
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I will try to find another dealer that will order one for me before searching nationwide. I don't really mind waiting for a 2019 but would need to have it delivered prior to the end of the year. For those who don't know due to current tax codes if the vehicle is used for a business 100% of the vehicle can be written off in the first year....the business is having a good year so I would like to take the deduction this year.

• Like 1