Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Explorer Sport sluggish acceleration, turbo problem?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hseanmckee

hseanmckee

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-May 18
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Explorer Sport, 2018 Raptor

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

Greetings all. This forum has been very helpful in the past and I hope someone can point me in the right direction this time as well. I just noticed sluggish acceleration and a louder wastegate noise in my 2014 Explorer Sport. It seems to accelerate briskly to 60 but when merging on the highway at speeds above 60 there seems to be no power and the engine races without reaching redline. At the same time I noticed this change I can hear what I believe is the wastegate during the 1-2 shift and when I let off the gas after hard acceleration. I've never heard this before. I don't have a full understanding of the way the turbos work together other than I know it's a twin scroll system. Does one turbo act at lower engine speeds and one at higher speeds? To me that would make sense with the way it's behaving but I cannot find anything that confirms how they function. I've already had one turbo replaced but I didn't notice any performance issues. I brought it in for an oil leak and was told the power takeoff unit was bad as well as one of the turbos. Fortunately I have the Ford Protect Plan and everything was covered. I am a bit concerned as I only have 86k on it and I just purchased a 2018 Raptor and I was hoping they would each last over 200k like my last F150. Any info regarding how the turbos work together and if I am barking up the right tree would be appreciated. I want to go to the dealer with as much information as possible as I'm sure you have learned that in many instances we know our vehicles better than they do.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·