3rd Row Car Seat install -- headrests in the way

Doctorg23

Has anyone been able to successfully remove the 3rd row headrests to properly install a car seat?

The manual says the 3rd row seats are "fixed and cannot be removed", but I find that hard to believe in a family car where you want to install car seats.

A car seat website said you can put a pin in the little holes on the headrest insertion site to remove them. Not sure I want to test this out though and was hoping someone may have had some experience with this already.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!

post-58167-0-19369400-1524669924_thumb.png

post-58167-0-15663100-1524669934_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone find out more info on this? I tried to take my third row headrests out on my BL and couldn't get them out. Took it to the dealer and they said they would have to remove the seat covers to get them out since the headrest drop function is electronically controlled.

Anyone find out more info on this? I tried to take my third row headrests out on my BL and couldn't get them out. Took it to the dealer and they said they would have to remove the seat covers to get them out since the headrest drop function is electronically controlled.

I gave up. I was able to install the seats with them pushing against the headrest very firmly.

• 7 months later...