Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sirius/XM Radio in (ALL) Trim Levels of Vehicles

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-MAX

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:43 AM

Purchasing several dozen "New" Ford Vehicles over the past decades an more recently since the advent of Satellite Radio it always confused me why Ford refuses to include the Sirius/XM Module into its entire line of Audio Systems. Cost can't be that much of a factor once the switch is made for the minimal cost of both the component an the antenna.  I'm sure that Sirius/XM which usually includes a Free Trial Period 5-6 months would (if necessary) share some of the costs to possibly secure a larger Subscriber Base.  If Hyundai with its Base Model Accent an Kia with its Base Model Rio have made Sirius as Standard Equipment for years, why deny Ford Buyers who choose Base Trim Vehicles not to have this added feature as Standard Equipment especially now that they have decided to eliminate the CD Players from their Audio Units. Perhaps its the same stuborness that Ford has had making at least Programable Daytime Running Lights Standard on its entire Fleet as well until the recent slow transition?

Edited by phil1336, 23 April 2018 - 06:44 AM.

• Rich B. likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Rich B.

Rich B.

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 18-October 17
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

Roger that on the CD players, Buick going same direction on elimination. My '13 Boss has no Satellite radio function whatsoever. AM/FM with no booster but still pretty nice and CD. Listen to my MP3 player mostly with built in equalizer. No display in that either but LaCrosse has both and the Sirius option. Probably fortunate to have a radio even, almost a stripped down car with all these racing features. Should of got a GT? Naw.

#3 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-MAX

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Rich B.  My issue is that if Hyundai an Kia can put both a CD Player & Sirius Satellite Radio into a 12K Accent or Rio, why the Hell can`t Ford put either one or the other or (both) in Vehicles that start at 20K!

• Rich B. likes this

#4 OFFLINE   itguy09

itguy09

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 09-February 09

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

IMHO Sirius is a dying medium. I used to be a huge subscriber starting with XM in 2002 and up until last year had Sirius or XM. With the rising prices and declining sound quality I decided to seek out alternatives. Went with Google Play Music. I download stations over WiFi with better quality and play them in my car. It works great. I also get the added benefit of music anywhere for one low price.

Just bought a new Mustang.  It came with 6 mo free Sirius.  I think I've turned it on for maybe 2 hours total in the last month.  Quality is bad and I miss the ability to skip songs.  I'll not renew, opting for the $10/mo WiFi in the car for my streaming needs.

Edited by itguy09, 16 May 2018 - 07:42 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

Its nice during the trial period but not worth the price of subscription. I listen to my own music or podcasts pretty much exclusively anyway
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

#6 OFFLINE   sullynd

sullynd

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • Joined 27-May 05

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

I find Sirius to be pretty inexpensive. If you dont negotiate with them youre throwing money away. I pay like $99/year, which isnt bad for as much as I use it. Takes me 5 minutes each year to get the lower rate.
  • MKX1960 and brucelinc like this

#7 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:25 PM

I still prefer having my own library. Better quality and I can choose whatever Im in the mood for.
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

#8 OFFLINE   rperez817

rperez817

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 03-October 16
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:'17 Jaguar XF 20d; '04 Ford Ranger

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

Hyundai is no longer including SiriusXM as standard for base trims of 2018 Accent, 2018 Elantra sedan, 2018 Sonata and Sonata Hybrid, 2019 Veloster, 2018 Kona, 2019 Tucson, and 2019 Santa Fe. CD player has been eliminated across the board on almost all Hyundai cars. http://www.hyundainews.com/

Edited by rperez817, 17 May 2018 - 08:18 AM.

Native Texan sent to spread the message, "God Blessed Texas"  :) 

#9 OFFLINE   Rich B.

Rich B.

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 18-October 17
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Boss 302 and '16 Buick LaCrosse

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:37 AM

Alexa is looking better everyday lol https://www.amazon.c...sl_2g7cb1h5zl_e.

Edited by Rich B., 17 May 2018 - 04:40 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   bdegrand

bdegrand

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Hybrid/ 2017 Fusion Sport

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:42 AM

Free Sirius till May 29th. Check it out! I'd never pay for it, but it's free till then.

#11 OFFLINE   CKNSLS

CKNSLS

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Some of us don't want to bother with downloading music. In addition, I also find most "hate" for satellite radio comes from those who live in major metro areas where you can drive for hours over flat terrain and/or city after city. 

For those of us in "The West" (I know some of you find this hard to believe) you can drive for two or more hours and have zero cellphone reception-let alone anything but static over a AM/FM radio.

This is where satellite radio shines-And if one spends anytime on the Internet-one can know that this service can be had for $5.00/month.

Edited by CKNSLS, 02 July 2018 - 09:08 PM.

• Bce3 likes this

#12 OFFLINE   kidcoach101

kidcoach101

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-July 18
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:F-350

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

With Sirius I get the 5 months for $25 or 6 months for $30, whichever deal is available during the time I call.  I have them connect me immediately to the cancellation dept and tell them either one of these 2 deals.  If they don't I will cancel.  If you call after your cancellation date and they begin a new billing cycle, they will try to get you to pay for the additional time accumulated at the full subscription price.  I ask them to waive the additional fees and they always do

• brucelinc likes this

Custom Search

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·