WAZE!!

slumlord

• 4 months later...

For anyone with iPhone I just saw the new IOS 12 update is supposed to make waze compatible with carplay. Hopefully it makes it better than it is on Sync 3 setup. I'm running the update now I'll post results soon.

I just updated my phone to iOS 12 and going to give Waze a try on CarPlay tonight. It's been working pretty well through AppLink, though.

After the first few Waze updates after the applink release, it's worked flawlessly for the most part. I really like it and use it all the time. I will update my iphone tonight and try tonight.

Same here. I use it when towing the RV even when I know where I'm going just because I like the notifications of stuff in the road or on the shoulder.

Yea mine was better after an update but still not as fast as the phone is. I was hoping the Carplay support would help. I tried to load waze and no deal but I imagine it is because the app itself has not yet been updated. I got a ton of other apps updated but nothing for waze yet. Probably will come soon and I will try it again.

I exclusively use Waze through Android Auto without problems. Every now and again Waze will hiccup by showing the arrow with a blank map forcing me to unplug and start over.

I started this thread, but I'm happy to report that since getting my Navigator a few months ago, I've been happily enjoying Waze via Android Auto. As @18ReserveLNavigator says, sometimes it hiccups for whatever reason, forcing me to either unplug/replug, or sometimes even to reboot the phone.

The one thing I wish is that Sync 3 was capable of handling Android Auto wirelessly, which apparently Android Auto is now capable of. Still, it works great for music via Google Play music, maps via Google Maps or Waze, texts come through via Hangouts, are read out, and I can reply via voice, and you can just hit the little "microphone/speak" button on the steering wheel and ask Google anything you like, whether "what's the weather tomorrow in Dearborn" or "what time is my flight?" or "call my dad" or "play that stupid song by Zedd that my daughter keeps requesting". Ok, on that last one you just have to say "play In the Middle by Zedd".

Anyway, Android Auto coupled with being able to say pretty much any Google Assistant thing via the voice prompt thing on the steering wheel is great. Or, if your phone is set up for it, you don't even have to hit the button on the steering wheel -- just say "Ok Google" followed by a navigation location, song, or whatever -- truly hands-free.

Waze for iOS had an updated yesterday and it reportedly works with CarPlay now. I haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed to work. Enjoy!

Hi guys and gals. Yes, after installing iOS 12 and updating both apps on my phone (iPhone7), Waze and Google Maps now integrate seamlessly and work well on my 2018 MKZ!

Enjoy and good luck! :)

Edited by bbf2530

I reiterate what I said above. Slow and laggy on 18 Nav with new iPhone XSMax and latest OS and Waze app. Have to wait after you tap the screen for a response. Not impressed.

Hi Hofstra. Your previous post was from April 30th, long before the Waze app update released yesterday (and the Google Maps update a few day ago). Yesterday's update allows Waze to be used directly from CarPlay, unlike before when it didn't fully integrate and we needed to turn off CarPlay.

Just wondering if you installed yesterdays Waze update and tried it out before reiterating? ;)

If not, hopefully installing the new update will solve your issues. Being fully integrated into CarPlay certainly makes it easier to use and access on my car now. Good luck. :)

Edited by bbf2530

Yes I got my waze working (and google maps) with Carplay. It for sure works way better than the Sync 3 way (unless that works better now too I haven't tried it) Also my sirus radio subscription ended and I am too cheap to add another. I have a few lifetime subs from back in the day so my phone app has Free Sirius for life so I just use the app through carplay as well. Also still have my old Slacker l/p from our old tesla so have free access to that through carplay as well :) Only thing I can't do in carplay is control the back monitors. For that need to turn off carplay then open the lincoln play app through the sync 3 setup. Hopefully soon Lincoln Play will work on Carplay too. Oh well can't have everything I guess....