My new Focus SEL

Haha. I saw just the pictures at first and was like wait a second, I couldve sworn he got a green one....

Wife thinks we have a Christmas theme going when the red and green are side by side!

Also worth a laugh; I have a blue Sable as well. When I still had the white Cougar a friend of ours asked which car we were taking when we were meeting them someplace. She asked, red, white or blue?

Honestly I had not realized the theme until she asked the question that way!

Edited by AlRozzi

My final off topic post in this thread:)

Here is my 99 next to my mothers 97 XR7 anniversary edition.

Wow! Both look amazingly nice.

I'm glad you posted the photo.

I once had a '79 XR-7 I bought in S. Florida in nearly the same color as your mother's car.

Not off topic either. I am enjoying the car discussion.

Thanks again for the great photo!

Thanks Al! I really loved my 99, should have kept that car. I am envious that you were able to keep yours all these years! Such a fun car for the money. BTW, I love the green on your new Focus, its unique. By the looks of your 13 Focus, Im sure it will be well cared for.

Loud colors do look good on sporty looking cars. Everybody likes the new Focus!

I don't think Outrageous Green

is as appealing on the SE sedan.

Bought the red Focus new on 1/3/13.

Would be great if your mother still had the '97!

I encourage my wife sleep on long rides. There is a limit to what

I can think of to talk about!

I turn up the radio so I can hear the music.

She turns it down so we can talk. Especially if there are other people in the vehicle. Then we go for 10-15 minutes with nobody talking.

I turn the radio back up. Drives me nuts. If you actually have something to talk about, then turn it down. Don’t leave it down just in case you might think of something to talk about 20 minutes later.

Same with cell phones in restaurants. We stare at each other in silence for a few minutes so I pull out my phone. Then she complains so I put it up and we sit and stare at each other in silence for another 10 minutes. Just start talking and I’ll put it down.

They just don’t understand that we need external stimulation to keep our otherwise empty brains entertained.

They just don’t understand that we need external stimulation to keep our otherwise empty brains entertained.

You have just given me the perfect excuse to use with my wife when I don't like the topic of discussion.

But serioulsly, maybe it is a miracle that 50% of marriages do not end in divorce!

• Like 1