2019 Ford Mustang Order Help

nname05

Fuzzymoomoo,

It's a 2018 not a 2019. Is 2018-06-04 the build day or the shipment day? What's the chance it would be built or shipped earlier then that date?

thats the build day. Theres a chance that date could chance +/- 2 or 3 days depending on how the plant is running so it is possible for it to be built earlier. Dont be surprised if it takes a little longer than you think it should for it to ship though. For some reason the Flat Rock plant is notorious for shipping delays. I personally blame the railroad (Canadian National). Everything they do in nearby Flat Rock yard (seriously, its less than a mile down the road. You can see it on a google earth image) is done at a snails pace.

post-58348-0-19894000-1523826700_thumb.jpgpost-58348-0-86943500-1523826729_thumb.jpgFuzzymoomoo,

Thanks for the info. I'm in Michigan so hopefully the railroad isn't involved in the shipment. I own a 1968 Mustang that was delivered to the first owners on June 21st, 1968. It would be kinda cool if the 2018 was close to that date. Be kinda of a neat publicity event for Ford if they would even be interested. My 68 just went over 200,000 miles going over the Mackinac Bridge last summer, it's still a solid car and fun to drive. Is there a public website that has this info? Or do you have access to info the general pubic doesn't have? Once again thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Fuzzymoomoo,

Thanks for the info. I'm in Michigan so hopefully the railroad isn't involved in the shipment. I own a 1968 Mustang that was delivered to the first owners on June 21st, 1968. It would be kinda cool if the 2018 was close to that date. Be kinda of a neat publicity event for Ford if they would even be interested. My 68 just went over 200,000 miles going over the Mackinac Bridge last summer, it's still a solid car and fun to drive. Is there a public website that has this info? Or do you have access to info the general pubic doesn't have? Once again thanks for the info.

post-58348-0-19894000-1523826700_thumb.jpg

post-58348-0-86943500-1523826729_thumb.jpg

Fuzzymoomoo,

Any chance you could take a look at my order in the system. I had a MY18 Mustang GT on order (and currently being built), but the dealership messed up some features. They've supposedly put in an order for a MY19 Mustang GT with the correct features, but when I look in COTUS it brings up an F150 that was delivered last year. I've been trying not to hound the dealership because I convinced them to keep the same price including the rebate value, despite there being no rebates on the MY19. But I'd like to confirm the order is at least actually in the system.

Order # M001

Dealer # F11215

Would highly appreciate any help, and thanks in advance.

Fuzzymoomoo,

Any chance you could take a look at my order in the system. I had a MY18 Mustang GT on order (and currently being built), but the dealership messed up some features. They've supposedly put in an order for a MY19 Mustang GT with the correct features, but when I look in COTUS it brings up an F150 that was delivered last year. I've been trying not to hound the dealership because I convinced them to keep the same price including the rebate value, despite there being no rebates on the MY19. But I'd like to confirm the order is at least actually in the system.

Order # M001

Dealer # F11215

Would highly appreciate any help, and thanks in advance.

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean

Since they placed the order as a retail order and not dealer stock, It will not be scheduled until production starts and the OK TO BUY status has been given.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo,

Will you try again and see what you come up with? Thanks!

My order number is 2019 and dealer code is F23002.

There's 2 Mustangs on that order and I'm going to assume yours is the one they ordered as retail and not dealer stock and you didn't give me any details on yours (color and engine/trans choice will suffice), so same as the last guy. It won't be scheduled until OK TO BUY is given.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

There's 2 Mustangs on that order and I'm going to assume yours is the one they ordered as retail and not dealer stock and you didn't give me any details on yours (color and engine/trans choice will suffice), so same as the last guy. It won't be scheduled until OK TO BUY is given.

oxford white v8 10spd auto.

Since they placed the order as a retail order and not dealer stock, It will not be scheduled until production starts and the OK TO BUY status has been given.

Appreciate you taking a look at it, I feel a little better knowing that at least the order exists.

I'll just keep an eye on COTUS, but for reference it should be a Magnetic Mustang GT (6 Speed) with PP1, 301A, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security, and Voice Active Navigation.

Thanks again and may fortune find you for the help.

Appreciate you taking a look at it, I feel a little better knowing that at least the order exists.

I'll just keep an eye on COTUS, but for reference it should be a Magnetic Mustang GT (6 Speed) with PP1, 301A, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security, and Voice Active Navigation.

Thanks again and may fortune find you for the help.

Just so you know in case you havent seen it elsewhere COTUS is very unreliable.

Also, I didnt need a description of yours, its the only one that popped up in the order ;)

Hey guys, do me a favor. Please start using PMs or the vehicle locator section. I promise even though cyberdman seems difficult because he's a stickler for his rules he's a decent fellow.

I only ask because it's getting a little hard to keep track of all the requests and some are starting to get buried and I miss them. I don't want anyone to feel like I'm forgetting them.

• Like 3

Hi Fuzzymoomoo, thanks for all of your insights.

Can you help be understand this: "It will not be scheduled until production starts and the OK TO BUY status has been given"?

​Does that mean we won't see anything on COTUS etc until after the June 12 Job1 date?

Thanks!!

Hi Fuzzymoomoo, thanks for all of your insights.

Can you help be understand this: "It will not be scheduled until production starts and the OK TO BUY status has been given"?

​Does that mean we won't see anything on COTUS etc until after the June 12 Job1 date?

Thanks!!

Job 1 is when the first vehicles start rolling off the line. At that point Ford inspects the vehicles as they're made and they have to go 5 straight days with no defects. If they find a defect at 4.9 days, the clock starts over. Might only take a week or two - might take a month or two. During this time because the vehicles being built all have to be held for inspection and possibly repaired before being shipped they only build stock dealer orders. Once they hit the magic 5 days they issue the OK to buy order. Then they start scheduling retail (customer) orders and they start shipping vehicles directly off the line. The previously built vehicles are then re-inspected, repaired and shipped out.

• Like 3

Job 1 is when the first vehicles start rolling off the line. At that point Ford inspects the vehicles as they're made and they have to go 5 straight days with no defects. If they find a defect at 4.9 days, the clock starts over. Might only take a week or two - might take a month or two. During this time because the vehicles being built all have to be held for inspection and possibly repaired before being shipped they only build stock dealer orders. Once they hit the magic 5 days they issue the OK to buy order. Then they start scheduling retail (customer) orders and they start shipping vehicles directly off the line. The previously built vehicles are then re-inspected, repaired and shipped out.

Awesome info, thank you!

Perfect summary of the initial process leading up to the "OK to Buy" status, etc. I was getting conflicting information from Ford this week regarding the scheduling for 2019 Mustang's. The "Scheduling Toolbox" was stating that "Retail orders will not be selected for scheduling until the OK to Buy has been achieved" which has always been the process. On Wednesday afternoon, the New York Regional Scheduler sent out his usual notice with final scheduling and commodity notes for yesterday's scheduling. His note yesterday stated "2019 MY Mustang startup scheduling to begin on Thursday, April 19. Retail Mustang orders will begin scheduling on Thursday, April 26. Until the okay to buy has been achieved, however, orders will not ship." So right now it appears that they're going to start scheduling retail orders but hold them until the "OK to Buy" status is achieved and the shipping release is issued.

Edited by ice-capades
Formatting
  • Like 2

Perfect summary of the initial process leading up to the "OK to Buy" status, etc. I was getting conflicting information from Ford this week regarding the scheduling for 2019 Mustang's. The "Scheduling Toolbox" was stating that "Retail orders will not be selected for scheduling until the OK to Buy has been achieved" which has always been the process. On Wednesday afternoon, the New York Regional Scheduler sent out his usual notice with final scheduling and commodity notes for yesterday's scheduling. His note yesterday stated "2019 MY Mustang startup scheduling to begin on Thursday, April 19. Retail Mustang orders will begin scheduling on Thursday, April 26. Until the okay to buy has been achieved, however, orders will not ship." So right now it appears that they're going to start scheduling retail orders but hold them until the "OK to Buy" status is achieved and the shipping release is issued.

More excellent info. Thank you ice-capades! I am hoping this is the case...moving slowly closer to my new GT :)

Could they be scheduling the retail orders early because there aren't very many stock orders to build?

Certainly a possibility because our dealership turned down the initial 2019MY Mustang allocation offered because half of the inventory in stock is still 2017MY's! The late changeover to 2018MY production and then the short 2018MY production schedule really screwed things up in our market. If you wanted a Mustang with a specific options, would you order a 2018MY knowing that if you waited a few months you could get a 2019MY?

• Like 2