Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sirius Presets Missing in Menu on Fusion

sirius

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   requa

requa

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 28-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Fusion Sport

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

I have a 2018 Fusion Sport with Sync (small screen without touch control) and Sirius. I've got an issue that is baffling me, Sirius tech support, and my local Ford dealership. The hardest part is explaining the problem, then the answer tends to turn into, "I've never seen that one." Here goes.

If I tune the Sirius radio to a desired station and hold one of the number buttons, it saves the station to that preset. This works normally except for preset 6. Whether I am in Sat 1, Sat 2, or Sat 3, I can save a station to preset 6. Pressing the 6 button on the dash properly takes me to the saved station and displays the station info. But if I try to use the menu navigation system, either on the steering wheel or on the dash, preset 6 shows up as a generic channel number, and selecting that preset does nothing -- it just leaves me on whatever station I was listening to before. The generic channel number displayed varies -- I've seen Channel 0, Channel 53, Channel 122, and others, typically valid channel numbers, sometimes even changing to new generic channel next time I try to save a preset 6. The other 9 presets on each of the Sat bands work properly. The presets on AM and FM radio bands work fine.

I pulled a refresh signal from Sirius, with no change. When I called Sirius listener care, and got transferred to tech support, they did a remote reboot of the satellite module, with no change. They referred me to my Ford dealer. I was just at the dealer today, and even spent time sitting in the car with the tech to show him what behavior I was seeing, and he ended up as confused as I was. 

Has anyone else seen similar behavior? Any solutions out there? Having 27 instead of 30 functional presets is not the end of the world, but it is certainly annoying to buy a new car and run into something that does not work as designed.

Thanks,

Dan

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   requa

requa

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 28-March 18

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:24 AM

Update: Someone from the service department of my Ford dealership called yesterday and told me "the hotline" (I assume this is some direct line they have to Ford engineers or something) got back to them and recommended that they perform a hard reset on the audio system. She said this was essentially disconnecting the battery to ensure a more complete rebooting than occurs when sending a refresh signal or rebooting remotely. If this does not fix the problem, the next option will be to replace the satellite module (as Sirius previously recommended to me) but that will require another trip. When I asked whether they kept these modules in stock, she replied that they did not because the module needed to be linked specifically to my VIN. I'm not sure I understand, but hopefully this will resolve the issue.

I jokingly asked whether, as compensation for my trouble, they would be replacing my radio with the fancier touch-screen version (not actually expecting it). She laughed, but then responded that I might be able to push for an extension on my introductory service. I didn't mention that I already signed up for the second six months with a good intro offer, but we'll see what happens there. I'll update again once Ford gets this fixed.

Dan

#3 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-MAX

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Based on my previous experience when my 2013 Ford C-Max SE Hybrid when the Sirius Satellite stopped working while all other Touchscreen functionality worked fine, the Dealership had its Off-Site Private Audio Tech Contractor order an install an entirely new Audio Unit, (not) just the Sirius Module as a Warrantee Repair.  Was given a new Sirius Module ID# an the installation took little time an no rattles or squeaks after the swap.

#4 OFFLINE   requa

requa

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 28-March 18

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

The dealer ordered and installed a new satellite module yesterday, and it did not correct the menu issue. The tech I've been dealing with clearly understands the issue and has compared the functioning of my satellite radio to that of another car on the lot with the same system to confirm we're not imagining things. Now I'm waiting for the dealership, the Ford hotline, and Sirius to come up with another solution. 

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sirius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·