Hot dang, 2019 CT6 V-sport awd revealed (4.2 V8 available)

Fgts

Where have you seen dash pics to know its a vastly better interior?

https://www.autoblog...ac-ct6-v-sport/

https://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2019-cadillac-ct6-v-sport-puts-a-v-8-under-the-hood-official-photos-and-info-gallery#7

https://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2019-cadillac-ct6-v-sport-puts-a-v-8-under-the-hood-official-photos-and-info-gallery#6

Gives Lincoln a benchmark what the (assumed) rwd Continental replacement will have to hit.

Edited by Fgts

Very nice. The original CT6 was excellent in its own right. The refreshed 2019 model especially V-Sport brings Cadillac closer to "standard of the world".

Just curious.. what does "standard of the world" mean? Is it that manufacturers are trying to reach the same level as Cadillac as if they are some incredible premium brand that is above everyone else? Is it that they are trying to have the same sales numbers as Cadillac? Because we all know Cadillac sales for sedans are booming.

On a separate note, I will say that the pictures above are beautiful and I think this is the first sedan from Cadillac that I've liked in quite a while.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 2

Just curious.. what does "standard of the world" mean?

Good question blwnsmoke sir. "Standard of the World" is a slogan used by Cadillac starting in 1908. They won the Dewar Trophy that year. Cadillac tried to live up to that reputation in the decades to follow. But by the end of the 20th century, GM's mismanagement ruined some of Cadillac's good reputation. By then, luxury car brands from Europe and Japan overtook Cadillac in prestige and engineering excellence.

In the 2000s and 2010s, Cadillac made efforts to design and engineer cars that were as good or better than European and Japanese competitors. The RWD Cadillac cars themselves are now superb. But it will take a several more years to restore the Cadillac name back to its former glory and become "standard of the world" again. Continued investment in improving already excellent vehicles like CT6 will help Cadillac get there.

vintage-cadillac-1917-630x868.jpg

While we hear rumors of Ford abandoning the Continental and other cars, GM is doing this. I will not argue which makes the better business case but from an enthusiast's perspective, GM offerings are damn impressive. I am having some trouble being a Ford loyalist these days.....

• Like 1

Ford’s problem is they keep changing platforms. Fusion, Focus and Escape just moved to new platforms 6 years ago and now they’ll be moving again along with all the other unibodies. I get the whole hybrid/electrification push and don’t disagree with it, it’s just frustrating they can’t get something and stick with it and improve it over time instead of starting from scratch each time.

Is the CT6 PHEV on sale yet? I cant recall seeing any write ups on it and I havent seen a single one on the road yet.

Good question fuzzymoomoo sir. CT6 PHEV went on sale in the U.S. market in April 2017. Few Cadillac dealerships outside California and other CARB states sell them. A total of 207 CT6 PHEV vehicles were sold in the U.S. in calendar year 2017.

2017-sales-chart-December-vfinal-682x800

• Like 2

The enthusiast in me loves that Cadillac does this but I just wonder how good it will sell. Generally, when people are spending this kind of coin it's BMW, Mercedes or Audi. You just have to wonder after all the billions that have dumped into Cadillac, how profitable they are and if internally GM feels like they are a success.

• Like 1

It is a shame that GM builds what enthusiasts like without much regard to whether they can sell it at a profit and Lincoln builds what they can sell at a profit without much regard to what enthusiasts want.

I really think CD6 can solve both problems for Lincoln if done correctly.

Fords problem is they keep changing platforms. Fusion, Focus and Escape just moved to new platforms 6 years ago and now theyll be moving again along with all the other unibodies. I get the whole hybrid/electrification push and dont disagree with it, its just frustrating they cant get something and stick with it and improve it over time instead of starting from scratch each time.

Yeah, Im not buying that. GM played musical platforms through the 2000s.

Yeah, Im not buying that. GM played musical platforms through the 2000s.

I didn’t say they didn’t. I’m saying that’s one reason Ford seems to never be able to launch and improve a vehicle over several generations like Honda and Toyota have done with Camcord. Their resources get stretched because of all the platform shifting and factory shuffling.

E.g. I think Fusion could be selling close to Accord if they had been willing to do 3 year MCEs and 6 year new top hats on CD4.

• Like 1

Ford’s problem is they keep changing platforms. Fusion, Focus and Escape just moved to new platforms 6 years ago and now they’ll be moving again along with all the other unibodies. I get the whole hybrid/electrification push and don’t disagree with it, it’s just frustrating they can’t get something and stick with it and improve it over time instead of starting from scratch each time.

**cough cough** Panther **cough cough**

• Like 1