Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

E 350 V8 Tune Up

tune up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ChIsAd01

ChIsAd01

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2012 e350

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

I have read that many folks are upset about the cost of a dealer/repair place tune up and the cost of broken plugs.

I just completed the process using a 90 deg battery powered impact wrench (Milwaukee) with 60 foot lbs of  torque.   The 3/8" wrench = click click click ZOOOM and out came all 8 plugs with no issues at all.

I reinstalled them with the low setting of 30 foot lbs and then hand tightened a bit more (hand start first).

Just remove the air filter and associated tubes and you have access to the front 2 plugs on each side.    The "dog house" removed gives access to the 2 rear plugs on each side.

The a little bit tricky part is lifting the fuel injector header up.   Four small bolts and then lift and they pop up and can be moved out of the way.   No need to disconnect the wires.    Putting it back in is just applying a bit of down pressure to get them back into their holes.

Hope this helps but keep in mind that the wrench kit is around $250 by itself.  I used the iridium plugs so no tune up for another 100k miles.

My van is currently at about 280k miles and runs like new.

• J-150 and twintornados like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   YT90SC

YT90SC

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

Broken plugs are for 3 valves. Econoline had 2 valves. There is absolutely no reason to lift the fuel rail. The coils easily clear the rail.

• fordtech1 likes this
Dad always said,"Knowledge is limited but stupidity knows no bounds."

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·