an all new Lincoln is coming (and is not the Aviator)...

For the next two years! Will the new MKZ, or a subcompact SUV derived from the baby Bronco?

All new can mean a redesign of an existing model.

Remember, MKC is set for a redesign too, right behind Escape. I think this is the safest bet with MKZ seemingly being pushed back. The MKC's 2019 refresh is minimal, just to bring styling in line with the rest of the lineup and with a short lifespan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the 'C will be increased in size, it's for people starting out, no kids, or empty nesters, see a pattern?

Rear seating is too small, I wasn't able to get in/out of it without major hassel.

I'm guessing the major reason for being the bid Lincoln seller is it's the lowest price Lincoln 'UV.

Could it be switching platform to something that can be built with Escape but different?

That would explain the upside down product launches

I wouldn't read into it- the 2019 MKC hasn't launched yet and the 2019 Escape is going to be most likely a carry over year. We won't see the new Escape and the renamed MKC till late next year with a Spring 2020 release date.

• 1 month later...

What’s your point?

Sorry for not fully explaining my thought. It seems that Ford is reducing the # of models within each class & that adding another in this group would be going against the grain they are starting. Might be better to refine/improve what is already there rather than add a new product. Unless, of course, the idea is to make a "splash" with something new.

Sorry for not fully explaining my thought. It seems that Ford is reducing the # of models within each class & that adding another in this group would be going against the grain they are starting. Might be better to refine/improve what is already there rather than add a new product. Unless, of course, the idea is to make a "splash" with something new.

Except they're refining what's there AND adding new product....

I also don't understand your argument, as MKC, MKX (now Nautilus), and Navi already exist and are being improved. There's a big gap price and size wise between Nautilus and Navigator, where Aviator will slot in perfectly.

Who ever is doing marketing for Lincoln is doing a terrible job ! The Continental is a nice car, especially with a longer wheelbase than the MKZ or the MKS.

Couldn't agree with you more. Many of the "problem" issues I read about when shopping for a new car just did not register with me. At my age I have no interest in how fast my car will get to 60 MPH or have no desire for a monster engine. I want something smooth, comfortable with a plush feel & I will have that with the Continental.

Who ever is doing marketing for Lincoln is doing a terrible job ! The Continental is a nice car, especially with a longer wheelbase than the MKZ or the MKS.

Ford marketing sucks across the board except for F150. Those Denis Leary ads are the best in the business.

Ford marketing sucks across the board except for F150. Those Denis Leary ads are the best in the business.

Why in the hell can't they duplicate that success for other models? Is it just because they pour a fortune of money into the truck ads and don't spend anything on the others? Lack of commitment or inability for non-trucks?

• Like 1

They're not reducing the # of models in each class for utilities - they're actually adding more and so are all the other mfrs. They're eliminating some less profitable cars.

Why in the hell can't they duplicate that success for other models? Is it just because they pour a fortune of money into the truck ads and don't spend anything on the others? Lack of commitment or inability for non-trucks?

Your guess is as good as mine. They don't seem willing to put a lot of money into the other ad campaigns. Maybe they put so much into the F150 ads there isn't much left over?

• Like 1

Your guess is as good as mine. They don't seem willing to put a lot of money into the other ad campaigns. Maybe they put so much into the F150 ads there isn't much left over?

TV adds for F-150 and Navigator have been pretty strong around here. EcoSport has a fair amount as well. I see quite a few Fusion on YouTube adds.

• 6 months later...