Takeover ads

I'm being inundated with takeover ads ("you may have won a $1000 Amazon gift card!") today. I'm currently stuck using my iPhone, so I'm pretty sure it's one of the banner ads, but it's making the site all but unusable.

I don't know if you can do anything about it, but it would be great if you could...

They are affecting me too. They force me to close the forum and reopen. Its highly annoying.

You don't have to close the browser. Just go to the Back button and hold it down until it shows you the history and you can go back to the previous page you were on. A single click to go back doesn't work because it sends you to the redirect page which sends you back to the takeover site. You have to go back 2 sites.

It's based on the google ads that appear in your browser which are influenced by your browser history so this can affect some more than others. That's why I said this site doesn't really control it - the ads are selected by Google or whichever ad service Robert is using.