WTF happened....

fordman....maybe from the customers standpoint, but from the Dealers standpoint if its refinanced before those initial payments are made Ford charges back the dealer the rebate that was given up front.....

What Dean said. It doesn’t hurt the customer but it does hurt the dealer.

I didn't realize that. I had heard that it didn't hurt the dealer and there was no time limit. Sounds like maybe I received some misinformation.

its a pretty shitty scenario...we do it to assist the customer but sometimes get the short end of the stick. Same gos for if we extend other rebates to consumers ( ie upfit rebate on commercial vehicles ) Im currently chasing a customer for two invoices for Wraps on Transit connects. Theres $700 in rebates...and if he gives us the middle finger regarding invoices the DEALER gets charged back. There is literally a division in ford thats sole purpose is to find rebates and the like to charge back dealers...and they are A-holes when it comes to nit picking BS......sad thing is sometimes we wont pass rebates on to legitimate clients for fear of the aforementioned issues...

its a pretty shitty scenario...we do it to assist the customer but sometimes get the short end of the stick. Same gos for if we extend other rebates to consumers ( ie upfit rebate on commercial vehicles ) Im currently chasing a customer for two invoices for Wraps on Transit connects. Theres $700 in rebates...and if he gives us the middle finger regarding invoices the DEALER gets charged back. There is literally a division in ford thats sole purpose is to find rebates and the like to charge back dealers...and they are A-holes when it comes to nit picking BS......sad thing is sometimes we wont pass rebates on to legitimate clients for fear of the aforementioned issues...

You know, it really sucks that people are dishonest. I can't stand people like that!

• Like 1