WTF happened....

I used to be really jealous of friends and neighbors who bought super expensive vehicles or houses, like my old neighbor who just bought a 2nd 911 (a GT3 at that). Then I look at my 401K and realize they probably don’t even have a 401k and I feel a lot better.

Meh, all I see when someone drives by in a new loaded up F150 is a $1000/month car payment. Sure, there's a handful of guys paying cash (or could at least afford to pay cash if they wanted), but the majority of these things are sold to people with no hope of ever getting out of the car payment game.

Seriously? There are plenty of folks who can afford to by nice vehicles. Some do that yes, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's a majority.

Not enough Bling with a Lincoln. In the North Atlanta suburbs you really need a Ferrari or Lambo or Porsche to stand out. And even then it’s not that rare.

Ahhh, so that's why you want a Boxster. Got it.

I used to be really jealous of friends and neighbors who bought super expensive vehicles or houses, like my old neighbor who just bought a 2nd 911 (a GT3 at that). Then I look at my 401K and realize they probably don’t even have a 401k and I feel a lot better.

LOL! Delaying gratification can have amazingly wonderful side effects.

• Like 1

You mean the ones on the Never, Never plan?

Never gonna own it and Never gonna retire....

Yes i was stating that assuming it gets a refresh in two years and what that will look like. Ford does a great job with this truck-but they are going to feel pressure to maintain their position in the market. I think we all agree there...

There's no assuming. It's getting a redesign in 2020 for 2021, and that's when the hybrid model will be added.

There won't be any more pressure than any other F-150 launch.

MKX1960...they dont, and it seems they dont want that explained to them, Ive witnessed MANY an argument and the "Stealerships" aer always the bad guys...even though its there in black and white. The worst program I have EVER seen in 30 years is this new voucher system, where the Dealership has a LIMITED amount of vouchers that can add up to $1000 on various models...so I can quote a guy on the 1st, the dealership can run out of vouchers....and then tell him when he comes to buy the car on the 15th that its $1000 more!!!!!....thats just wonderful for Consumer Satisfaction isnt it?....

The $5850 incentives on XLTs are available to everybody. ...........? without double checking not if they want a 3.5 eco boost or 5.0....or 3.3......or if they want to lease....or if they want to use the low interest....AND its zip code dependent AND one has to finance through ford at REGULAR rates........or...or....or...and california incentives dont total $5850

13152 - Retail Customer Cash $2,000 Apr-02-2018 13154 - Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash fordCredit_icon.gificon_cl_car.gif $750 Apr-02-2018 13156 - Retail Bonus Customer Cash $500 Apr-02-2018 13158 - Bonus Customer Cash $1,500 Apr-02-2018 13162 - "EcoBoost" Bonus Customer Cash $300

Available to everybody means you don't need X plan or some special group membership or other qualifying criteria. Ecoboost is only $300. And of course that only applies to purchase - leasing is totally different as is taking a special financing rate but those are all options that the buyer chooses. They can still choose to buy it without the special financing and get the full incentives.

So I'll amend my statement to say that at least in Atlanta any buyer can get at least $5K up to $5850 incentives on a XLT. Anybody.

my point is they are a complete Cluster F--K......

From the standpoint of trying to figure out how much they are without using Vincent, I agree.

But they're plainly shown on most dealer websites.

The tricky part is a lot of them are regional and those never seem to show up on the Ford incentives page.

not to mention when some incentives go bye bye if certain stipulations arent met...for instance who in their right mind would finance through ford at their regular rates?.....

Me. So I can take the extra $750 or $1000 and refinance it with my credit union in 2 more months.