Ford Accelerating Formula E Talks

IMSA-XJR9

http://e-racing365.com/formula-e/ford-accelerating-formula-e-talks/

Ford has ramped up discussions of entering the ABB FIA Formula E Championship, with initial involvement to potentially begin as early as Season Five later this year.

Multiple industry sources have indicated to e-racing365 that the ‘Blue Oval’ is working towards an eventual factory effort in the all-electric championship, to potentially replace its European-based Ford GT program in the FIA World Endurance Championship once its current contract expires in mid-2019.

Too funny! Unfortunately though if Gm gets into Formula e they'll get preferential treatment if history proves that out.

I can't help but think the sanctioning bodies see dollar signs with Gm. They spend the big bucks even after their drunken spending habits helped to put them into bankruptcy.

They still haven't learned.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I actually watched a race a couple of weeks ago and was shocked to see them changing cars at the pit stop.

I think it would be more interesting if they had to come in every 15 laps for a 2 minute recharge.

Wait, they change CARS at the pit stop? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard about racing. That's like changing runners in the middle of a marathon.

Wait, they change CARS at the pit stop? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard about racing. That's like changing runners in the middle of a marathon.

Yep. Pull in, get out of the old car, get in the new charged car and take off. One pit stop per race.

Batteries and charging technology won’t really work any other way for now.