Exterior color - Black or White?

Doctorg23

It's a full time job to keep a black vehicle looking right.

The tuxedo black wasn't as bad since it had metallic flake in it, and had they kept that, I would likely have that on my Super Duty. But non-metallic is a b$(%*!

As a former owner of Tuxedo black and a current owner of Shadow black I can attest to this, lol. As a matter of fact Im going to wash my truck right now.

• Like 1

Why do you say “never” for the black? Aside from frequent car washes, what hurt the most?

Thanks!

As stated by other members, I had to wash it so often that is was crazy. Dust and dirt show so much, and the swirl marks are so clear on black. Also the car would dry itself before I finished hosing it off in the heat of the summer, causing spots everywhere. Looks great clean though, I'll give you that.

Let us know when it is time to get your house painted - If you live in one of those over-reaching HOA sub-divisions, we can all help you choose what shade of beige to select. Henry Ford said you can have a car in any color, as long as it is black. Now we have the choice of really nice colors, and everyone wants black or some cast of gray. Saw my first new Expedition in the parking lot today - Ruby Red Metallic - real nice!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's annoying that Black Label vehicles have a narrow selection of paint colors available. I had a black car once......once. Never again, I also agree that Magnetic would be a great color. Now I saw Rhapsody Blue in sunlight, and I thought the color really popped, nice and bright. It's not a 'Pearl' paint though, which would have made it even better.

My Black Label order is in, Rhapsody Blue, but it is an MKZ, not the Navigator.

Not to get too off topic, but there are narrow selections all around for Black Label. I wanted to order one with second row bench. Nope - not an option. WTF?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Large black SUVs look like a hearse to my wife & I. .... not ready for that (yet). ?

I have, over many years had many black cars, a couple white, a burgundy Miata M Edition, a dark brown metallic 72 Thunderbird, a light green 64 Thunderbird, a couple light blue, several (more recently) red. Black is one of the most difficult to keep looking well, but is very good looking when kept looking well ... it is very, very hot (surface and interior) in sun.

Weve now moved into 2018 Navigator Burgandy Velvet. ... looks GREAT, the rest is to be determined.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_56/med_gallery_58212_56_471480.jpgpost-58212-0-36789700-1523550830_thumb.jpeg

Edited by LHB
  • Like 1