New 2018 F150 XLT Supercab - 3.5LEB

tbone

Nice truck. I finally got my Mustang Ecoboost yesterday. Ordered it back in November. Thought it would never get here.

Anyway, congrats on the truck. :)

Congrats! Enjoy that new car smell while it lasts.

What color? Manual or automatic (you probably told us but I forgot).

Congrats! Enjoy that new car smell while it lasts.

What color? Manual or automatic (you probably told us but I forgot).

Orange Fury Ecoboost Premium Performance Package with the 10 speed auto. I got pretty much every option except magnaride. I’ve put about 100 miles on it so far and love it. When I get some time, I’ll start a thread and post a few pics.
  • Like 1

On the truck I have 5 modes - Tow/Haul, Normal, Eco, Sport and Snow/Ice. I can also lock out upper gears one by one as needed in addition to full selectshift.

I agree on not feeling it shift. Does it have the dash display to show you the gear? It skips 2nd gear when accelerating moderately.

That's a nice looking truck. XLT Sport 2wd in Supercab. Simple and yet usable. I also would like to have either XL or XLT in Sport trim in Supercab but in Lightning Blue and the 2.7L EB V6 and 4x4. Either Sport or the XL 'STX' or XLT 'Special Edition' but Supercab nevertheless. I'm single and don't have kids so Supercab is all I would need. I'm not in market though for one but you got a nice truck and I hope it lasts you many years of happiness.

STX looks good but I don’t care for the XLT special edition striping. I also preferred the bar grille over the mesh but that’s personal preference - they both look good.

I think there are more rebates on the XLTs versus the XLs making the price difference pretty small.

Plan to order - I don’t think you’ll find that exact combination in stock.

• Like 1

Status report. 330 miles in. Still 1/2 tank left. :)

160 miles since I reset the mpg. I’m actually averaging 21 mpg over the last 160 miles in mixed driving. That’s exactly what we get in the MKX and my old Fusion 2.0LEB. I’m absolutely amazed I can get that in a truck that weighs so much with 470 lb/ft of torque.

I’ve been using the start/stop feature that I thought I would hate. Turns out I actually like it. The truck idles so smoothly that it’s not terribly noticeable when it shuts off if the radio is on (and my radio is always on). And it starts up fast. I’ll probably leave it on.

• Like 2

On the truck I have 5 modes - Tow/Haul, Normal, Eco, Sport and Snow/Ice. I can also lock out upper gears one by one as needed in addition to full selectshift.

I agree on not feeling it shift. Does it have the dash display to show you the gear? It skips 2nd gear when accelerating moderately.

Sorry, I missed this post. The dash does show the gear youre in. In Normal mode, light to moderate acceleration will usually go 1-3-5. Then it goes incrementally. Edited by CurtisH

Drove the MKX tonight for the first time in 2 weeks. It feels so freakin’ tiny!

Drive an F350 then switch to a 2010 Milan and get back with me. My head is 2" from the freaking ceiling...and I'm only 5'-10"! I have to take my cap off to drive because it hits the sun visor...with the seat back as far as it will go. The Milan is a breeze to park though. :)

Drive an F350 then switch to a 2010 Milan and get back with me. My head is 2" from the freaking ceiling...and I'm only 5'-10"! I have to take my cap off to drive because it hits the sun visor...with the seat back as far as it will go. The Milan is a breeze to park though. :)

Steering wheel was the biggest surprise. Felt like a go-kart.