What will be the Ford/Lincoln Presence at Chicago Auto Show?

It looks better than the current hood with the integrated screen and it’s ten times easier to see and use.

It's not as well integrated as it is on other vehicles (like the Flex), but it is a damn sight better that the one in the Transit that's stuffed way back in the top of the dash under a hood. That one is almost useless as a backup monitor,

That's a lot of mass to be moving with the meager torque available from a naturally aspirated 2 litre. I'm sure it'll at least match the power of the outgoing 2.5L but I don't see how the torque curve isn't going to get worse. It'll be fine for some drivers given that's it just a van, but in the grand scheme of things, it's going to rank as a total dog.

Maybe that's what the new turbo diesel is for.

Quick question-does the Escape share its dash with the Transit Connect? If so, I hope they fix the look of the tablet on the dash...not sure if its an improvement over the current model..

It shares a lot of it, yes, but the center portion is different. Escape's nav system is still in the dash (with the growth on top for the CD player nobody uses), whereas TC is getting the tablet style setup.

MKC?

What about it? They already showed the refresh in LA.

It looks better than the current hood with the integrated screen and it’s ten times easier to see and use.

Agreed.

So is this it for Ford, or is there more in store?

Was it just Edge Titanium Elite and the TC refresh? I thought they had a press conference today at 9:30?

Unfortunately, that was it. I was sitting on the Chicago Auto Show live stream page but nothing came up for live viewing. I figured it was errors on the site or the show was delayed for some reason and couldn't find anything in Google search. I went to Facebook to see if there were some live stream videos I could watch. Nothing on Ford's Facebook page or the CAS page as far as live viewing. Only came up with one of the Chicago news network's Facebook page which was streaming it. I tuned in to see some loud, obnoxious guy acting real strange. The vans were shown as the covers removed and then this guy and the Ford rep starting singing a song with sunglasses on. I later realized it was actor Jim Belushi. I could have sworn he was high on something unless that's how the actor is as far as his personality. Don't know much about him nor care. Why did they have him on there goofing around when it was announced a 30-minute 'press conference' was happening as if some reveals were gonna be shown and discussed by Ford executives? As well as not shown on CAS website's webcam nor anywhere else on Facebook I could see except one of the news network's page? Geez that was a huge disappointment. I get Ford usually don't show much in Chicago but come on, should have done better than this. I guess we'll have to wait until March for NY show as well as the Work Truck Show as well. I try not to be so negative often but this really sucks, everyone. I was really looking forward to this. I thought for sure the Explorer would be shown since this city is the location of its production. Well, as mentioned, there's the Work Truck Show and NYAS next month as well as the separate Focus event later on.

• Like 1

Who is Jim Beluschi? I've heard of Jim Belushi...

He is an actor who I don't hear much either. He had a TV show called "According To Jim" with Courtney Thorne-Smith and was not funny. His brother is the late John Belushi who was also actor. I have no idea why he had to be there at this so-called 'press conference'. Read above to see my previous comment about what happened.

He is an actor who I don't hear much either. He had a TV show called "According To Jim" with Courtney Thorne-Smith and was not funny. His brother is the late John Belushi who was also actor. I have no idea why he had to be there at this so-called 'press conference'. Read above to see my previous comment about what happened.

You missed my point. His name is Belushi, not Beluschi.

• Like 4

You missed my point. His name is Belushi, not Beluschi.

Oh! lol I didn't even see the mis-spelling of the name from the Tweet that you were pointing out. haha I am usually a spelling nazi but I guess I was so disappointed with this morning's press that I didn't even notice the error and the point you were making. :)

Quick question-does the Escape share its dash with the Transit Connect? If so, I hope they fix the look of the tablet on the dash...not sure if its an improvement over the current model..

Similar but not shared. The TC is narrower in the center console area. Which is why the current generation has a smaller NAV screen (6.5 vs 8) than any other ford product.

Fords displays were underwhelming as usual. Ranger looks better in person but still not really impressed. Silver GT was stunning. Bullitt is gorgeous. Ecosport is tiny. Flex actually had a fair number of people looking at it. Expedition is awesome. Glad to be able to sit in it (last year it was locked). The black insert on the Edge tailgate looks awful. If they wanted to get rid of the light bar they should have done body color.

Nautilus and MkC look great. The interior on the Navi is incredible.

• Like 1