What will be the Ford/Lincoln Presence at Chicago Auto Show?

Does anybody really know what to expect to be unveiled/discussed at tomorrows press conference? I have read a lot of speculation ranging from nothing new to NG Explorer (pretty much everything in between).

Since I live here, I almost set up an auto blog website and applied for a press pass. I just thought it would be a fun way to a). blog and b). go to the press events and see the intros. However, that would require time I don't have so I am just going to go on Sunday (most likely). I hope there is something good for me to take photos of.

• Like 1

GT500 along with the Aviator Concept will be in NYC.

IMO we don't see the GT500 at NYC-there is really no precedence for it and the NYC Tristate area is one of its largest markets for Lincoln.

If the GT500 isn't at Chicago, it will be at its own press event later in the year.

• Like 1

Ford has had a minimal showing at Chicago for years. I think the Edge Titanium Elite is all well get.

Are they going to talk about that for a half hour? I was hoping for something unexpected.

Sidenote: It's supposed to dump a bunch of snow this weekend for those folks who want to go. If yo do go be careful. If we get more than a foot I may pass until Tuesday night.

I just got an email from a local Ford dealer in the area. I'm really hoping that this is a stock photo of some sort and not something new. It looks old to me but just wanted to throw it out there for input.

This dealer doesn't usually send out emails with old photos so I'm a bit perplexed.

post-43125-0-68158600-1518058006_thumb.jpg

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1

Midnight embargo has passed and here is the 2019 Transit Connect. Not much difference with styling and I had to look carefully to see changes. Big changes are engines and transmission. Gone is the 2.5L I4, replaced by 2.0L direct injected I4 (Focus-derived?) and available 1.5L EcoDiesel I4, both engines with new 8-speed auto. More info likely announced at show later on.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/02/ford-unveils-2019-transit-connect-wagon.html

• Like 1

Quick question-does the Escape share its dash with the Transit Connect? If so, I hope they fix the look of the tablet on the dash...not sure if its an improvement over the current model..

It looks better than the current hood with the integrated screen and it’s ten times easier to see and use.