Production Numbers

slumlord

Looks like demand is very high for the Navigators according to this article: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/ford-is-selling-90000-suvs-faster-than-it-can-make-them.html

Ordered one for my sister a few weeks ago and, due to unforeseen circumstances, she now needs a car immediately. Tried to find something close to what she wants, but nobody has any in stock and whatever is coming in soon they won't sell for x-plan.

My dealer said he can only sell custom orders for x-plan - everything else is being sold at sticker.

Thankfully she has a VIN and build date later this month so she will just rent something in the interim and wait for the Navigator to come in.

There is no restriction on X Plan sales requiring them to be ordered units. Dealers sell vehicles out of stock as X Plan sales all the time and get their X Plan commissions from Ford. Her Dealer just doesn't want to deal with it figuring they'll hold out for an even higher profit retail sale.

How many Navigators are produced in a day? Does the plant alternate days producing the other vehicles? Just wondering how long until I will get my new truck.

Looks like we are running 35 Navigators a shift. This equals out to roughly 420 Navigators a week. I was able to look a few days of production to get these numbers. The numbers could go up or down depending on stock issues and how the plant is running. Hope this helps you out.

• Like 2

Hi,

Just joined your forum and have a Lincoln Navigator on order placed Jan 4, 2018. Could you look up the latest production info for:

VIN: 5LMJJ2LT0JEL07992

Dealer Code: C188

Order: L57079

I have been trying to use the Ford Custom Order Site without success. My dealer says "it shows at the Ford Kentuck(y) Plant #2 as of February 2nd."

Thanks

Hi,

Just joined your forum and have a Lincoln Navigator on order placed Jan 4, 2018. Could you look up the latest production info for:

VIN: 5LMJJ2LT0JEL07992

Dealer Code: C188

Order: L57079

I have been trying to use the Ford Custom Order Site without success. My dealer says "it shows at the Ford Kentuck(y) Plant #2 as of February 2nd."

Thanks

Scheduled to Day (2018-03-05)

There is no restriction on X Plan sales requiring them to be ordered units. Dealers sell vehicles out of stock as X Plan sales all the time and get their X Plan commissions from Ford. Her Dealer just doesn't want to deal with it figuring they'll hold out for an even higher profit retail sale.

Exactly (guess I didn't state that clearly). X plan is optional and the local dealers, including my dealer, decided not to accept it for Navigators at the moment as they believe can get more for the vehicle due to demand. My dealer is willing to sell me one at x-plan, however, if it is custom ordered, which is what I did for my sister.