2018 on Order

RiverRat87

Why have they stopped taking 2018 Super Duty orders. I tried to order a F350 dually for work and the dealer told me we had to wait for 2019s. Said they arent making anymore 2018s after current orders are filled. Why?

Because of the changeover to the 2019 models. Happens every year. You should be able to order a 2019 now.

Why have they stopped taking 2018 Super Duty orders. I tried to order a F350 dually for work and the dealer told me we had to wait for 2019s. Said they arent making anymore 2018s after current orders are filled. Why?

Final 2018 F-Series Super Duty scheduling will be done tomorrow with clean-up scheduling next Thursday. In addition, your Dealer had to have orders in by the cut off and have available allocation for scheduling.

This notice has been posted in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) ever since the 2018/2019MY changeover schedule was announced.

• Due to the significant manufacturing complexities of balancing production plans for three vehicle lines at Kentucky Truck Plant, the 2018MY Super Duty had an unusual timing plan (November ’17 – June ’18). We are working with manufacturing to return to more normal Model Year timing for 2019MY and beyond.

I was at the dealer yesterday picking up my plates and the manager told me that they quit taking orders for 2018 Super Duties. Said Ford had a short run of the 2018's and wont be making anymore once orders are filled. He said he didn't know why. Whats up with that? Are they changing something for 2019?

The 2019MY Super Duty Order Guide is available to download in the Order Guide Section. In addition, the 2019MY production timetable is available in the 2019 Super Duty Production Information thread in the Super Duty section.