Chevy Silverado Attack Ads Against F150 Starting

bdegrand

Yeah, so let's spout a bunch of "facts" about our truck to little kids, and not say a thing about the F-150. Obviously the kids won't know any better and pick the one you hype up. Not to mention they put a nice looking Silverado, and pick one of the more boring combos of F-150, obviously Silverado looks "cool".

Yeah, so let's spout a bunch of "facts" about our truck to little kids, and not say a thing about the F-150. Obviously the kids won't know any better and pick the one you hype up. Not to mention they put a nice looking Silverado, and pick one of the more boring combos of F-150, obviously Silverado looks "cool".

Chevy worked hard on the angle to make the Ford look surprisingly smaller.

I think the Ford F150 truck ads are lame too. They could do much better in their advertising, but they won't because sales are up.

"Ford F150 not raising the bar they are the bar"....or something like that is lame IMHO.

F-series ads are the one thing Ford does right/well.

• Like 2

Bagging the competition doesn't work, how many times does GM need to learn that lesson,

you never, never mention the competition in your own advertisement.

and only GM was dumb enough to offer comparison test drives between its cars and competitor, Toyota

That didn't end well for GM.....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The funny thing about "longest lasting" ads. If you have ever seen the actual statistics, the difference between GM and Ford is about 2 months. In other words, it is a statistical anomaly. Add to that, that Ford trucks are used as work trucks more than GM's, and the fact that it is that close is very surprising.

I HATE those stupid and condescending "real actors not people" ads. They are all stupid beyond belief. The one where they are on the freeway and that one stupid woman says "I just want to get from point A to point B," and I want to smack her in the head. ALL cars / trucks these days are incredibly reliable in "point A to point B." The vast majority of any issues with them are electronic, or not understanding how something works. Real failures are rare.

Of course, being stupid and knowing nothing about what you are talking about seems to be in vogue these days. Just watch the news.

• Like 5

As mentioned earlier, GM needs to look or attack RAM which is coming real close to them. Just about every person I know with bad credit is ending up in a Ram by default, so they are selling pretty well. Last few years, while GM has been losing sales, RAM has been gaining them. Ford has been sitting pretty the whole time. So again, RAM is their problem.

• Like 2

As mentioned earlier, GM needs to look or attack RAM which is coming real close to them. Just about every person I know with bad credit is ending up in a Ram by default, so they are selling pretty well. Last few years, while GM has been losing sales, RAM has been gaining them. Ford has been sitting pretty the whole time. So again, RAM is their problem.

That has been GMs MO forever. They dont look at the real picture. If they did then RAM is definitely a competitor. GM is like the spoiled kid at school. Tries to get all the attention and throws mud at anyone who outshines them.

Also, RAM is a competitor for Ford, so Im hoping they are looking too.

• Like 1

That has been GMs MO forever. They dont look at the real picture. If they did then RAM is definitely a competitor. GM is like the spoiled kid at school. Tries to get all the attention and throws mud at anyone who outshines them.

Also, RAM is a competitor for Ford, so Im hoping they are looking too.

Chevy Silverado/CK pickup sales for February 2018.....42,282 (down 16%).

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/03/best-selling-pickup-trucks-february-2018.html

Edited by bdegrand

Chevy Silverado/CK pickup sales for February 2018.....42,282 (down 16%).

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/03/best-selling-pickup-trucks-february-2018.html

I would venture the new one being shown is not helping their case at all. Folks are going to wait for the new one since they haven't had a completely new look in years.

EDIT: The F-Series outsells Silverado, Sierra, Canyon, and Colorado combined. Wow!

Edited by fordmantpw