Lincoln News! I have 3 big scoops from my source at NAIAS this past weekend!

Not sure why you couldn't do a modern 1-peice removable top... engineer in some nice roll bars and call it a day. I think the wrangler did this last gen.

Because roll bars eat into your head room and I'm sure cause other problems with roll over (smacking your head into them etc) and other crash tests

Not sure if mentioned here or anywhere, but I just now found out the time of Ford's press conference on the 8th for the Chicago Auto Show. It's at 9:30am according to this schedule which was posted on the site today. I know the 2019 Ford Edge Titantium will be there to show the new Elite Package, which I personally think it's nice looking.

https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/assets/1/7/2018-CAS-Media-Schedule.pdf

I seen this while Googling for possible vehicles to be shown there in couple days. AutoWeek apparently knows for sure the updated 2019 Ford Transit Connect minivan will be shown there as if it's been confirmed. I hadn't heard anything but wouldn't doubt it since it has already been revealed not long ago in Europe. Edited to say: I am mistaken. It was the Transit Custom that was shown few months ago, not Transit Connect. I still have no luck seeing whether or not the 2020 Explorer/Aviator will be there along with Shelby GT500, but unlikely.

http://autoweek.com/article/chicago-auto-show/2018-chicago-auto-show-preview-heres-whats-coming-windy-city

I posted these links here in this thread since we are talking about the upcoming Lincoln news, the 2020 Explorer/Aviator, along with other new products so to keep with topic of what we may know for sure within couple days. I thought about starting a whole new thread just for Chicago Auto Show to post these links but figured someone else (mod/admin?) would get thread started and I'll repost these links. Oh yeah, in a manner of hours, the Ranger Raptor will be revealed in Thailand. I am in Eastern Time which I know Thailand time is exactly 12 hours ahead. So it's current 3:37am there and 3:37pm here. Should be some articles floating around online soon before or after the reveal regarding the Ranger Raptor... and whether or not it's coming here. I personally think it will but with different powertrain. I understand their reasoning to have Thailand to be the debut location for the Raptor version of Ranger.

Edited by pffan1990
  • Like 1

As I recall the Transit Connect update or the Transit update has not been revealed yet anywhere. What you might be thinking of is the Transit Custom update that was revealed a few months ago. North America gets two of the four vehicles in the Transit/Tourneo Family: The Transit and T-Connect. Europe (and possibly other parts of the world) gets the Transit Custom (which is a FWD more mini-vanish/civilan van) and the Transit Courier (the smallest member and based in the Fiesta/EcoSport/B-Max).

• Like 1

Facia update on Transit Connect I believe, new lights better looking grill and a more complex way to fold down the thrird row seats on the LWB wagon designed with help from a German manufacturer infamous for cup holders. Transit Custom....rumor has it it may come here as a Hybrid/ plug in.........

• Like 1

As I recall the Transit Connect update or the Transit update has not been revealed yet anywhere. What you might be thinking of is the Transit Custom update that was revealed a few months ago. North America gets two of the four vehicles in the Transit/Tourneo Family: The Transit and T-Connect. Europe (and possibly other parts of the world) gets the Transit Custom (which is a FWD more mini-vanish/civilan van) and the Transit Courier (the smallest member and based in the Fiesta/EcoSport/B-Max).

Yes, you are correct, it was the Transit Custom that was shown. A bit of revisionist memory on my part. I edited my previous post to clarify this. I know that there is a Work Truck Show in Indianapolis next month where Ford has a reveal and it was said the Transit Custom could be shown there but the way the Work Truck Show seem to indicate, it seems to be a different reveal considering it is more of Ford Commercial; Ford Cargo coming to America perhaps as they could enter Class 8 market? Not wanting to throw this thread off topic but just now realizing my mistake that it was the Transit Custom revealed and that is likely to be shown next month.

I'm really hoping that there will be something besides the Edge Titanium with Elite Package. Surely there is if there's a 30-minute press conference, unless they plan on yet another boring talk about electrification once again. But we'll see in couple days. I'm so exciting to see this on live stream with my new iMac I got couple months ago since I previously was not able to watch the live stream of auto shows before on my previous computer. I did see Detroit Auto Show on iMac and was so thrilled to see the new Ranger drive up on stage. But anyways, back on topic...

Transit Connect update was revealed late 2017. Here is the thread: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64192-facelifted-ford-transit-connect-and-transit-courier-unveiled-in-europe-with-updated-styling-upgraded-tech-and-new-engines/

Transit Custom had a update in mid 2017 for the 2018 model year.

Edited by bzcat

Not sure if mentioned here or anywhere, but I just now found out the time of Ford's press conference on the 8th for the Chicago Auto Show. It's at 9:30am according to this schedule which was posted on the site today. I know the 2019 Ford Edge Titantium will be there to show the new Elite Package, which I personally think it's nice looking.

https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/assets/1/7/2018-CAS-Media-Schedule.pdf

I seen this while Googling for possible vehicles to be shown there in couple days. AutoWeek apparently knows for sure the updated 2019 Ford Transit Connect minivan will be shown there as if it's been confirmed. I hadn't heard anything but wouldn't doubt it since it has already been revealed not long ago in Europe. Edited to say: I am mistaken. It was the Transit Custom that was shown few months ago, not Transit Connect. I still have no luck seeing whether or not the 2020 Explorer/Aviator will be there along with Shelby GT500, but unlikely.

http://autoweek.com/article/chicago-auto-show/2018-chicago-auto-show-preview-heres-whats-coming-windy-city

I posted these links here in this thread since we are talking about the upcoming Lincoln news, the 2020 Explorer/Aviator, along with other new products so to keep with topic of what we may know for sure within couple days. I thought about starting a whole new thread just for Chicago Auto Show to post these links but figured someone else (mod/admin?) would get thread started and I'll repost these links. Oh yeah, in a manner of hours, the Ranger Raptor will be revealed in Thailand. I am in Eastern Time which I know Thailand time is exactly 12 hours ahead. So it's current 3:37am there and 3:37pm here. Should be some articles floating around online soon before or after the reveal regarding the Ranger Raptor... and whether or not it's coming here. I personally think it will but with different powertrain. I understand their reasoning to have Thailand to be the debut location for the Raptor version of Ranger.

Elite package! Will it have twin opera windows with a vinyl top and matching wide bodyside moldings? Will it include flight bench tufted and buttoned crushed velour pillow seats? And simulated simulated wire wheel covers?

• Like 1

Elite package! Will it have twin opera windows with a vinyl top and matching wide bodyside moldings? Will it include flight bench tufted and buttoned crushed velour pillow seats? And simulated simulated wire wheel covers?

I laughed until I saw the article on the Traverse RS. GM is playing the same game as Ford.

HEY!!! You just described my car.....except the seats..richly grained pleather....

post-40286-0-68712500-1518113188_thumb.jpg

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

HEY!!! You just described my car.....except the seats..richly grained pleather....

torino dr side.jpg

Ooh that's nice! 1974½ Gran Torino Elite!

It makes me miss my two tone green 1978 LTD II 2dr hardtop with the Sports Touring package, comfortweave vinyl bucket seats with center console and floor shifter, and sports instrumentation.

Edited by StangBang
  • Like 2