Kurt Busch per-season interview

blksn8k2

No matter what people might think of Kurt Busch and him being a real dick at times I don't think anyone can deny his knowledge of the cars and what it takes to win. The guy is no dummy. Interesting to hear his take on the new inspection process and how that might help to "even the field" in Ford's favor.

http://performance.ford.com/series/stock-car-racing/news/articles/stock-car-racing/2018/01/defending-daytona-500-champ-speaks.html

edit: There was also a question related to running the Mustang next year....hmmmmm. Hadn't heard much about that yet?

Edited by blksn8k2

Kurt a dickhead? Aren't you confusing him with his brother? ;)

Pretty sure they came from the same mold. Kurt's new woman must be having a positive effect on his level of dickheadedness. :)

It must have been pretty interesting when he and Harvick ended up on the same team. Harvick can be brutal at times too. I recall an incident after Kurt had his ear reduction surgery where Harvick said Kurt was still mad at him. Something about Kurt "sitting over there with his ears pinned back". :clapping:

Edited by blksn8k2
  • Like 1

Play nice please-you know what he means-and I do believe it still will have a 9" ford rear! :)

I just don't understand why anyone gets worked up or excited about whether they're using stickers of a Fusion or a Mustang or something else when we all know it's only stickers at this point. I get the Ford vs Chevy et al engines and sponsorships but the actual vehicles are meaningless.

I just don't understand why anyone gets worked up or excited about whether they're using stickers of a Fusion or a Mustang or something else when we all know it's only stickers at this point. I get the Ford vs Chevy et al engines and sponsorships but the actual vehicles are meaningless.

No argument. But it is interesting how NASCAR furthers the dialogue that its a "Fusion" or a Camry.

The best argument I can make about a NASCAR "stocker" is can you imagine any type of "stock" body flipping at 180, doing about 7 body rolls, and the driver gets out and walks to the ambulance..."for the mandatory trip to the care center"

No argument. But it is interesting how NASCAR furthers the dialogue that its a "Fusion" or a Camry.

The best argument I can make about a NASCAR "stocker" is can you imagine any type of "stock" body flipping at 180, doing about 7 body rolls, and the driver gets out and walks to the ambulance..."for the mandatory trip to the care center"

Exactly. The real root cause is oval tracks and concrete walls. And 200+ mph. You can't possibly use a stock body safely under those conditions. With road racing you have lower speeds and runoff areas and tire walls. That's one reason IMSA is so much more appealing.