Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2018 Navigator Master Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   TLew

TLew

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 31-January 18
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Navigator BL; 2500HD Sierra Denali

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

Gtechniq is as good as it comes in my book for ceramic coating, and the stuff works.  I have to side with akirby here though and agree it lasts less than 12 months, and the maintenance is reapplying sealant essentially to keep it from wearing off completely.  Each year it will degrade more and more until there isn't any left (the end of term) and the maintenance periods are to slow that degrading.

Ceramic coating is also far cheaper than alternatives.  I did a front to back, full body coverage Suntek PPF on my Audi RS5.  The stuff is amazing, it protects way more than ceramic, doesn't shine quite as much, and is self healing.  The two downsides to this are cost and cost.  Obviously the film is expensive, but you have to spend quite a bit on a good installer so they wrap the edges for the seamless look.

Re: windshield noise -- nothing in mine.  Sounds like it has a gap in the adhesive and/or seal which is causing it.  The volume should theoretically increase on windy days or as speed increases.  I've always had this happen on every replacement windshield at some point regardless of the glass or the installer. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   boredinbirmingham

boredinbirmingham

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 06-August 17
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Navigator Reserve

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

Yearly maintenance means they reapply it because it doesnt last more than a year. Its good stuff but youre paying for the warranty more than anything.

I see your point. When it comes to anything paint or body Im a complete moron lol. Either way Ive been impressed with how easily bugs and such have come off the front bumper area. He said the yearly thing didnt have a charge so all in all Im happy.

#23 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 27,133 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

The good news is that it does protect as advertised. But you can usually get it done cheaper on your own at a local detailer.

A good coat of Meguiars wax every 6 months will work almost as good.

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#24 OFFLINE   HofstraJet

HofstraJet

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 22-October 06

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

USB ports max out at 5W/1A. Was hoping for 2A.

#25 OFFLINE   HofstraJet

HofstraJet

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 22-October 06

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Whenever I unlock the doors using my hand behind the handle, I hear something pumping from under the vehicle. Anyone else hear this? I keep my running boards off, FWIW.

#26 OFFLINE   boredinbirmingham

boredinbirmingham

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 06-August 17

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

Whenever I unlock the doors using my hand behind the handle, I hear something pumping from under the vehicle. Anyone else hear this? I keep my running boards off, FWIW.

Yes I hear this as well along with other whirling noises. I just assumed it was something in the suspension and possibly electric oil pump priming idk.

#27 OFFLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion SEL, 2007 Volvo C70, 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, 2005 Ford Focus

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

The noise is the fuel pump priming before you start the engine. Normal operation.

#28 OFFLINE   boredinbirmingham

boredinbirmingham

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 06-August 17

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

The noise is the fuel pump priming before you start the engine. Normal operation.

I was sorta close. So is the oil pump in these engines mechanical? I would think with the auto start/stop feature electronic would keep oil pressure more consistent but Im no expert.

Edited by boredinbirmingham, 09 February 2018 - 04:25 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   harborbreeze

harborbreeze

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 11-January 18
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 mkz

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

Does anyone hear a slight wind whistling sound from the windshield starting at 40-45 mph? It's subtle, but it's there. Can't hear it with normal conversation or the radio on, but if everything is off and just driving on a smooth road, it is audible. No water coming in and it's a lease, so I'm not going to take it in unless it worsens. Just curious if it was just me. Thanks!

Also, for those coming from an Expedition, do the doors (and the vehicle in general) feel much bigger than the Expedition? I know overall dimensions are nearly identical to prior year Expeditions, but everything feels much bigger.

Possibly the white noise Lincoln pumps in through the speakers???

• 2b2 likes this

#30 OFFLINE   boredinbirmingham

boredinbirmingham

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 06-August 17

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

I have not noticed the windshield noise.

#31 ONLINE   twintornados

twintornados

Ford fan for a long, long time.

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts
  • Joined 16-February 10
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Lincoln MKX Elite

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

Boy, its a good thing we don't have several threads about putting worms on hooks to fish....it could all be consolidated into a Master Baiting thread.....

• boredinbirmingham likes this
Does anyone know where the love of god goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours....Gordon Lightfoot, "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

#32 ONLINE   htbnavigator

htbnavigator

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 11-February 18
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Expedition

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Hi,

I know that the Reserve seats and arm rests are real leather -- is real leather also used on the dash and just below the door windows, or is it Naugahyde?

Thanks

#33 OFFLINE   boredinbirmingham

boredinbirmingham

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 06-August 17

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

Hi,
I know that the Reserve seats and arm rests are real leather -- is real leather also used on the dash and just below the door windows, or is it Naugahyde?
Thanks

Naugahyde. Never knew what it was as called but a google search just thought me a new words with friends word. The dash feels and looks good and the quality is there, on the door below the window it does seem a little out of place to me but only because I have the cappuccino interior color. The dash is dark and looks better than the lighter color on the door is all. To me it fits but Id like to see the Black Label to compare because I believe there is more leather in it and a suede headliner.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·