2018 Navigator Master Discussion Thread

HofstraJet

Does anyone hear a slight wind whistling sound from the windshield starting at 40-45 mph? It's subtle, but it's there. Can't hear it with normal conversation or the radio on, but if everything is off and just driving on a smooth road, it is audible. No water coming in and it's a lease, so I'm not going to take it in unless it worsens. Just curious if it was just me. Thanks!

Also, for those coming from an Expedition, do the doors (and the vehicle in general) feel much bigger than the Expedition? I know overall dimensions are nearly identical to prior year Expeditions, but everything feels much bigger.

Possibly the white noise Lincoln pumps in through the speakers???

• Like 1

Hi,

I know that the Reserve seats and arm rests are real leather -- is real leather also used on the dash and just below the door windows, or is it Naugahyde?

Thanks

Naugahyde. Never knew what it was as called but a google search just thought me a new words with friends word. The dash feels and looks good and the quality is there, on the door below the window it does seem a little out of place to me but only because I have the cappuccino interior color. The dash is dark and looks better than the lighter color on the door is all. To me it fits but Id like to see the Black Label to compare because I believe there is more leather in it and a suede headliner.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had my 18 Select L since late November '17 and there are a few things that I do not like. Coming from a MB GL450, the doors on the Nav are hard to get closed! Most of the time, I crack a window open so my wife and sons can close their doors the first time. The fact that the Select model did not come with standard cooled seats was a huge disappointment to me. Especially since it was indicated they were standard on the build website and the Expedition has them. I would have waited for the Reserve model, but the wife did not want to wait and really did not care about them. As I understand, the production of the Reserve models were extended well beyond when we needed to be in the vehicle due to an expiring lease. I recently had the rear gate glass release button malfunction, which caused the glass to pop open without any input from anyone and the button would not work. The release would work using the touch pad on the driver's door, but not the button by the license plate. The material the power running boards are made from is not very durable, they already have little dings in them from what I assume is trying to deploy too close to curbs? (Although I have not witnessed it...)

Other than those issues, I love the Navigator! I knew there would be issues as there are with any newly redesigned vehicle. We all love the massive interior and styling inside and out!

I have had my 18 Select L since late November '17 and there are a few things that I do not like. Coming from a MB GL450, the doors on the Nav are hard to get closed! Most of the time, I crack a window open so my wife and sons can close their doors the first time.

We are coming from a GL with soft close doors and I’m disappointed they didn’t include that feature on these luxury vehicles. We went the with BL and I figured it would have them like the BL Continental.

I noticed how hard it was to close the doors as well. I foresee this as a big problem when dropping our kids off at school in the drop off loop. They’ll have to start eating more Wheaties I guess!!

Nonetheless, there is seriously no competition for this extended length luxury SUV out there!!

Update to list of issues/observations:

1. Cooled seat fan is really loud - shouldn't hear it in a vehicle at this level.
  2. Motor for massage function on seats is loud - shouldn't hear it in a vehicle at this level.
  3. When vehicle is at a light with auto hold on, it frequently inches forward a little and then abruptly stops and sometimes it makes a harsh braking sound when it does stop.
  4. All of the tone controls reset whenever I turn the audio system on/off. Everything goes back to flat. And Sirius goes back to the 184 barker channel (maybe that's because I don't subscribe?). Very annoying.
  5. AC - fan at level 1 driving along the highway and then all of a sudden the blower goes to high speed to cool the car off (it wasn't getting warm).
  6. Sometimes, car says "Welcome Guest" and I lose the tach on the dash and have to reset it (using same key fob - will try to pin down when this happens).
  7. Location of rear hatch close button on dash next to headlights - tough to get to - that's a fairly frequently used button. Odd they put it where they did.
  8. Wimpy horn for a car of its stature.
  9. Can't keep the engine auto stop feature disabled unless I keep it in excite mode. I'm guessing that's how they fudge the MPG numbers, but it's very annoying as when the engine stops, so does the AC and that just doesn't work in South Florida. I feel like a fighter pilot every time I get into the vehicle since, as soon as I put it into gear, I turn off auto stop and turn on auto hold.

Still love it. Just a bunch of those annoying quirks which are more prevalent in first year of a redesign. And yes, the doors are heavy. I'm a big strong guy and notice I have to put a little more effort into closing them. You would figure they would design the hinges so the weight of the door would close itself.

Edited by HofstraJet
  • Like 1

I don’t understand leaving auto hold on all the time. I only use it when I’m in very heavy stop and go traffic.

Try leaving the auto start/stop on for a bit - I think it will automatically restart as needed to maintain the A/C if you give it a little bit of time. I’m liking that feature on my F150 and thought I would hate it.

• Like 1

Update to list of issues/observations:

• Cooled seat fan is really loud - shouldn't hear it in a vehicle at this level.
  • Motor for massage function on seats is loud - shouldn't hear it in a vehicle at this level.
  • When vehicle is at a light with auto hold on, it frequently inches forward a little and then abruptly stops and sometimes it makes a harsh braking sound when it does stop.
  • All of the tone controls reset whenever I turn the audio system on/off. Everything goes back to flat. And Sirius goes back to the 184 barker channel (maybe that's because I don't subscribe?). Very annoying.
  • AC - fan at level 1 driving along the highway and then all of a sudden the blower goes to high speed to cool the car off (it wasn't getting warm).
  • Sometimes, car says "Welcome Guest" and I lose the tach on the dash and have to reset it (using same key fob - will try to pin down when this happens).
  • Location of rear hatch close button on dash next to headlights - tough to get to - that's a fairly frequently used button. Odd they put it where they did.
  • Wimpy horn for a car of its stature.
  • Can't keep the engine auto stop feature disabled unless I keep it in excite mode. I'm guessing that's how they fudge the MPG numbers, but it's very annoying as when the engine stops, so does the AC and that just doesn't work in South Florida. I feel like a fighter pilot every time I get into the vehicle since, as soon as I put it into gear, I turn off auto stop and turn on auto hold.

Still love it. Just a bunch of those annoying quirks which are more prevalent in first year of a redesign. And yes, the doors are heavy. I'm a big strong guy and notice I have to put a little more effort into closing them. You would figure they would design the hinges so the weight of the door would close itself.

Sounds like you are having a few issues that Im not experiencing at all.

#1 I agree with you on this.

#2 I do not hear the massage motors in mine at all.

#3 Ive used Auto Hold probably 20-30 times and Ive never experianced the issue you are describing.

#4 Ive never had this happen either and this is an issue that requires a fix, this is not acceptable at all and would make me pull my hair out from frustration. Also, I dont subscribe to the satellite radio either and it operates as if I do.

#5 never experianced this.

#6 never experianced this.

#7 no opinion on this, Ive pushed that button twice.

#8 Im not sure what type of horn you are accustomed to but when Ive gotten out of the vehicle with it running it honks twice and when this has happened to me Ive jumped out of my skin. To me the horn sounds like the standard American car or truck horn. I am looking for something more sophisticated to replace mine with.

#9 auto start stop is the most annoying feature. For me disabling this has just become a regular part of the start up process for me.... start vehicle->disable start stop->disengage parking brake->enter desired gear->begin driving. Thankfully the button is right next to the parking brake. Ive seen you can disable this feature and Maine somenother changes with the FORScan device and Im debating on going this route.

One weird bing my truck has done is with the proximity alarm and start up tones. Twice now when Ive started the vehicle the start up alert doesnt come through the regular speakers but instead a device from within the dash and the proximity alert tones do the same thing. They both sound completely muted and make a totally different tone. Once this happened after I locked the vehicle using the Lincoln Way app and the second time was yesterday after I turned on the stereo on accident while the car was off. I havent driven since so not sure how they will sound today.

All that being said I think you are having some issues that I would have looked at.

I love the auto stop/start on my F150. I hardly even notice it now.

I think you can disable it by plugging something into the tow wiring if you dont want to use Forscan. If it thinks youre towing it disables it.

Someone pointed out to me that plugging into the tow wiring will disable the rear sensors and back up alerts.

I don’t understand leaving auto hold on all the time. I only use it when I’m in very heavy stop and go traffic.

Try leaving the auto start/stop on for a bit - I think it will automatically restart as needed to maintain the A/C if you give it a little bit of time. I’m liking that feature on my F150 and thought I would hate it.

Yep, my F150 will restart if the AC is on.

Auto hold is a blessing for me. I am disabled and drive with hand controls. Auto hold frees up my left hand when stopped at a light to rest, use my phone, or do other things (get your mind out of the gutter).

I know that auto start/stop will restart as needed for A/C, but I hate that recirculated air feel when the engine isn't running.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone had luck on price negotiations on 2018 Black Label and Reserve? I have X Plan PIN and wondering if that's the best I'll do.

Thanks in advance.

If the dealer will accept it - yes. It's voluntary and sometimes they won't accept X plan on hot sellers.

Has anyone on here purchased the Black Label with White (Chalet) interior? If so any issues with staining or dirt holding to interior? Looking at a Black w/ Chalet interior soon .... looks sharp but i fear how the seats will hold up.

THanks.

Edited by rphoulihan

Has anyone had luck on price negotiations on 2018 Black Label and Reserve? I have X Plan PIN and wondering if that's the best I'll do.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, but as the other person said, it depends on dealer, and they don't have to accept X Plan pricing. My dealer told me that mine was the first Black Label they had allowed X Plan pricing on, and they did so only because of my past history owning various Ford products. Now, maybe that was a bit of dealership razzle-dazzle to make me feel good, but I have had the impression that not all dealers are accepting X Plan for the Black Label yet.