Lexus LF-1 Limitless luxury crossover

rmc523

This industry has really gone to hell. It seems like today's stylists are deeply committed to shoving ugly, brutal designs down our throats.

Beauty is what lifts the human spirit. Our environment has an effect on how we feel. For centuries, humans used to create beautiful objects that we still admire to this day. Now it seems like we can only produce countless strip malls, Wal-Marts, and Toyotas. All of which are brutal, ugly, and cheap. How is that progress?

• Like 1

Well, people keep buying the Lexuses, so they don't see a reason to change themes.

I'm sure its for the name/price and not the styling...which is interesting itself

The only Japanese car make that doesn't have an ugly/WTF car is Mazda-but i don't expect that to last lol

I'm sure its for the name/price and not the styling...which is interesting itself

The only Japanese car make that doesn't have an ugly/WTF car is Mazda-but i don't expect that to last lol

Agreed on Mazda. I think they have great looking cars and CUVs right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I had read an article recently, which I could not locate again, that indicated the Japanese are forgoing western styling in favor of decidedly Japanese styling. This would explain why a lot of their styling isnt jiving well with many Americans.

I found this article which eludes to this.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20171030/OEM03/171039971/japans-cool-new-design-vibe

• Like 1

I had read an article recently, which I could not locate again, that indicated the Japanese are forgoing western styling in favor of decidedly Japanese styling. This would explain why a lot of their styling isnt jiving well with many Americans.

I found this article which eludes to this.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20171030/OEM03/171039971/japans-cool-new-design-vibe

That would be fine and dandy if they were selling it in a Japanese only market, but if they want to sell it in other markets, then they have to take the preferences of that market into consideration. I think that concept is drop dead gorgeous, until I get to the front... The front is so epically awful that I could never even consider buying it.

Would the Japanese want to buy "decidedly American" Crown Victoria styling?

• Like 1

That would be fine and dandy if they were selling it in a Japanese only market, but if they want to sell it in other markets, then they have to take the preferences of that market into consideration. I think that concept is drop dead gorgeous, until I get to the front... The front is so epically awful that I could never even consider buying it.

Would the Japanese want to buy "decidedly American" Crown Victoria styling?

Agreed, and it will be interesting to see how the market reacts to it over time. I personally think Lexus recent vehicles are some of the worst looking on the road.

• Like 1