2019 Ram 1500

Anthony

Rear reclining seats would be a plus. Does have to be a lot but a few degrees would help. But dont make the cab ugly

Like the ram max or whatever that ram is that looks like an old town car with the quarter glass covered with a landau top and says congressional series . Really just make The current rear seats slide forward a little when the back is reclined. F150 have a limo like back seat area.

The back seat of the F-150 is massive.

Reclining a bit could be nice, but is unnecessary.

It'll be interesting to see how Ford would integrate a slide forward recline, as right now the seats tilt up to reveal a completely flat floor underneath. In the picture, it looked like there's still about half the seat depth blocked by the sliding mechanism in the Ram.

The new Jeep Wrangler is already at some dealers too! FCA usually waits until the last minute to show a vehicle so its still fresh in the minds of consumers.

Unlike the Ranger that has been talked about for several years and will be here as a 2020 model......

The back seat of the F-150 is massive.

Reclining a bit could be nice, but is unnecessary.

It'll be interesting to see how Ford would integrate a slide forward recline, as right now the seats tilt up to reveal a completely flat floor underneath. In the picture, it looked like there's still about half the seat depth blocked by the sliding mechanism in the Ram.

Perhaps in a track, sort of like the Expedition.

Nobody has ever complained about riding in the backseat of my trucks, but it would be a nice addition. There is enough room in the current cab size if they are able to slide the seat forward enough to accommodate the recline.

Nobody has complained because nobody has paid much attention to the rear passengers. They did something no one else did and deserve a crap load of accolades. I just watched the TFL review on the new Ram and Silverado. Go check them out-two totally different takes on the market. GM made some progress in their product-looks good-has a good abudance of tech, etc. But the Chevy guy had no answers to the center console shifter, towing specs, pano sunroof and the lady discussing interior trims for Chevy mentioned two or three unique items. The Ram guy breaks down all the variation of models.

I don't think so-you can sell 2019 models right now and they won't be producing them from what i understand until after January 1, 2019-so I think they will make these as 2020 models? Maybe I missed something-you pay way more attention to some of this stuff than I do:)

Is the mild hybrid feature going to be optional or standard? I like new tech stuff on vehicles. But also Im a realist. A belt driven motor/generator? Ive talked to a few Chrysler guys and the shop stays pretty busy and not with small stuff. Lots of big repairs. Even the tool guy tells me how the Chrysler store has stuff tore apart all the time.

Not that as of late ford has any room to talk about problems.

However, A lot of tech on this truck would have me concerned about reliability. Especially the first year or two.

I didn't see this before. Ram 1500 is going to have a 4-cylinder turbo option?

Mike Manley. who heads the Ram brand for FCA, did the honors as three different versions of the new 1500 — Laramie, Limited and Rebel — were driven on stage.

The new truck will include a new engine option, a 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder turbo built at the Trenton Engine Complex.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/detroit-auto-show/2018/01/15/marchionne-detroit-auto-show-fiat-chrysler-chinese/1033738001/

For those asking for reclining rear seats, if it causes me to lose the awesome underseat storage, no thanks!

Nope. Price really isn’t a factor. It will be a F150 supercab XLT Sport at this point. Probably magnetic.

No sir, it won't be magnetic. Aluminum is not magnetic. :hysterical:

I happen to love that color, BTW!

• Like 2

Seriously? Wow, didn't realize that (I didn't read the full press release). I wouldn't be surprised to see Ram overtake Chevy for second place this year.

New one starts Volume production in the New plant in a few weeks. The old plant will still continue to build the old style truck for at least a year to keep margins higher on the new trucks; it will be switched over after to produce the HD versions currently made in Mexico.

GM trucks dont hit production until 4Q, GM cant be happy the way this is playing out.

• Like 1

Nobody has complained because nobody has paid much attention to the rear passengers. They did something no one else did and deserve a crap load of accolades. I just watched the TFL review on the new Ram and Silverado. Go check them out-two totally different takes on the market. GM made some progress in their product-looks good-has a good abudance of tech, etc. But the Chevy guy had no answers to the center console shifter, towing specs, pano sunroof and the lady discussing interior trims for Chevy mentioned two or three unique items. The Ram guy breaks down all the variation of models.

Nobody has complained because they werent uncomfortable.

a crap load of accolades is a little over the top, however recogtion for developing an innovative option is reasonable.

After seeing more pics, Im sure the truck will grow on me more. The sport model definitely looks the best. The infotainment system is the most interesting feature to me, however I would be concerned that there arent redundant manual controls for all the main functions. I couldnt tell from the reviews I had seen,so that remains to be seen.

Anyone who is being intellectually honest though will recognize that Ram and Chevy, for that matter, are just catching up to Ford for the most part with the exception of a few nice new features. These trucks are being compared to a truck that came out in 2015, and Im confident the refresh will carry Ford to the next generation where Ford will respond in kind.

I don't think so-you can sell 2019 models right now and they won't be producing them from what i understand until after January 1, 2019-so I think they will make these as 2020 models? Maybe I missed something-you pay way more attention to some of this stuff than I do:)

Everything shown has said it's a 2019 model.

Adding to the rear seating conversation..Ram added 4 inches to the cab. They now have the most rear legroom of any fullsize pickup.

F-150's rear legroom is massive. I'm 6'0" and still have a good 7-8" at least from my knees to the seat, so I'm not sure how this could be bigger than that.

Another thing that is really nice is that it has USB-C ports very forward thinking. That is something that Ford should also hopefully be adding for 2019/2020MY vehicles as well.

What are those? And how are they different from "regular" USB ports?

Adding to the rear seating conversation..Ram added 4 inches to the cab. They now have the most rear legroom of any fullsize pickup.

I noticed it. It affects proportions. I was never a fan of the ram mega cab, and being the biggest for the sake of being the biggest isnt always the best. But it is a way to differentiate itself.

Edited by tbone

F-150's rear legroom is massive. I'm 6'0" and still have a good 7-8" at least from my knees to the seat, so I'm not sure how this could be bigger than that.

2019 Ram has 45.1 inches of rear leg room (up 4 inches from 2018)

2019 Chevy Silverado has 44.5 (up 3 inches from 2018)

2018 Ford F-150 has 43.6

Edited by Anthony

What are those? And how are they different from "regular" USB ports?

USB-C is much smaller and reversible (there is no up and down when inserting it into a port). You can send massive amounts of data and power through it. My Macbook Pro can use any of the USB-C ports as power or data.

It is basically the next iteration of USB.

Here's an image to show the difference from the USB you may be used to:

UCABL021500_1.jpg

Edited by Anthony

Sad to say, I like the Chevy the best {runs for the corner to hide}. Personally, I don't think the '15+ F150 design has aged that well, though the '18 refresh has helped it some.

Interior goes to Ford though, with Ram a pretty close second.

Ford has at least another year of pure dominance with the Super Duty until the others' HD trucks show up. By then, Super Duty will get a refresh along with a 10 speed tranny, and new gasser, and likely 1000 ft-lbs of torque. Gotta love competition!

Its a toss up between the Ford and the Chevy for me, with the Ram coming in last, unless you consider the sport model then Im pretty indifferent between them all.

I respect the other trucks, but Im pretty brand loyal based on my personal experiences, and Ford would have to totally screw up in order for me to buy one of the others. Of all categories of vehicles, truck buyers are the most brand loyal, so it will be interesting to see how the needle moves with these new trucks. Ford has the ability be more flexible on price to combat the others at this point.

• Like 1

I didn’t like the 15-17 F150 but I think the 18 is the best looking one now with RAM second.

I like the front of the new F150 way better than the 15-17 model years but not the side profile-not sure why-it just looks a bit off. Both the GM and new Ram look great as well. Good for the market-and will push Ford even more.