Combining / Merging threads...do you like?

Just my .02 cents, but I am not a fan. I understand the moderators desire to simplify multiple posts over the same topic but by merging them, now I have to wade through the thread I decided not to follow to read the one I do.

Not an attack on any moderator, just my opinion. I thank the moderators for their efforts to keep the various threads moving along.

Its too difficult to follow multiple topics all saying the same things and things have to be repeated. I think its easier to have all information in one topic. Not sure why you would care about one topic but not the others?

When theyre longer topics like the Ranger ones were it gets harder to go back to reference old posts, I think thats his point.
  • Like 1

Just my .02 cents, but I am not a fan. I understand the moderators desire to simplify multiple posts over the same topic but by merging them, now I have to wade through the thread I decided not to follow to read the one I do.

Not an attack on any moderator, just my opinion. I thank the moderators for their efforts to keep the various threads moving along.

TT-I hear you but I think I have lost connection with some subjects because I was following the wrong thread. So unless the thread is very specific, from my perspective I would be less likely to miss a point if threads are combined.

Because the old topic was nothing but sheer speculation and now we have the actual vehicle to discuss.

What would you like to put in the old topic that you cant put in the new official topic?

If the closing had happened before the new truck was released I'd agree, but there was a lot of discussion that had happened regarding the truck after the release prior to the closing of the thread.

I agree with others, threads naturally progress over time.

If I was a casual or new reader coming to look at the new Ranger it would be confusing having multiple topics or having to wade through pages and pages of speculation trying to find the official pictures. Of course it’s not a big deal to the power users but we have to think about all users.

It would have been better to copy the posts into the new topic but that’s water under the bridge at this point.

Easy enough to change the speciualtion thread for the Ranger to that after the fact. Here really isnt any need to wade through nine pages of speculation to get the real info.

Yeah, I think that'd help, otherwise the theoretical new user may be confused as to why the biggest thread on a topic is closed.

Likewise, does all Ranger discussion belong in the official thread? Why have a forum then?

Yeah, I think that'd help, otherwise the theoretical new user may be confused as to why the biggest thread on a topic is closed.

Likewise, does all Ranger discussion belong in the official thread? Why have a forum then?

Because people are lazy? :)

Product specific forms are good for Product Specific questions of that Product, not new product intros? :)

We could always move it, but the current forum its in is the busiest one...and there are a couple different ways of looking at topics on in the forums here.

• 2 weeks later...