460 or Triton v10?

Sasquash

I have been looking at 2002 to 2010 class c rvs and know nothing about the powertrains they are put in them. The last 460 I saw was shoe horned into a 68 Mustang and I know nothing about Ford's v10. It will be flat towing my Jeep and since I live in the Willimate Valley no matter witch direction I drive over 4 hours I have to climb a pass. Witch one would you get and why?

I dont think the 460 is available in those years.

But if I had the choice I would go with the v10 simply because its a more advanced engine and should also get you slightly better MPGs. They also have a reputation to last a long time.

Concur ! The 460 was out of production before 2000MY.

The V10 in the E-Series chassis was always the 2-valve version. Less power, but dead nuts reliable. If you feel like you need more power, change the rear axle ratio. 4.10 is not crazy.

• Like 1

The last year for the 460 in an E-Series was 1996. If I was looking for a Class C on a Ford E-350, I would be looking for a 2005 or newer chassis with the 5 speed auto. Some 2005 motorhomes are built on a 2004 chassis, make sure to check the chassis itself to verify the year. Personally, I would rather have a Class A on a 2005 or newer F-53 26K chassis with the 3 valve V10 and 5 speed auto.

Edited by NLPRacing

• 1 year later...