Mid-Engine Corvette’s Twin-Turbo LT7 V8 Fully Revealed!!!!!!

silvrsvt

I wonder how the gm fans will react to this, they're a funny lot when it comes to changing things

and for the longest time they have been insisting that there will be two Corvettes, this one and

a continuation of the classic front engined Corvette - I don't see that happening

I wonder how the gm fans will react to this, they're a funny lot when it comes to changing things

and for the longest time they have been insisting that there will be two Corvettes, this one and

a continuation of the classic front engined Corvette - I don't see that happening

I think they will be just fine with it. What's it going to cost $150K compared to $450K for the GT? And the Vette will be faster.

I think they will be just fine with it. What's it going to cost $150K compared to $450K for the GT? And the Vette will be faster.

That's a big sticker shock compared to today's Corvette prices, nearly double or even triple the price.

GM just assumes that its buyers will pay whatever price GM sets without understanding the connection

those repeat buyers have with corvette. So maybe the starting price with basic Atmo V8 is closer to

today's prices to at least keep some production volume at Bowling green

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Explain to me the reason for Chevy changing to this configuration. The Vette has never been mid engine to my knowledge, and has a ton of history. The current version really is quite a deal for the performance it brings. Why dont they just treat this new mid engine car as a halo car like the GT and call it something else. I think this new Vette wont sell as many compared to the old version if it has a significant jump in price.

• Like 1

Explain to me the reason for Chevy changing to this configuration. The Vette has never been mid engine to my knowledge, and has a ton of history. The current version really is quite a deal for the performance it brings. Why dont they just treat this new mid engine car as a halo car like the GT and call it something else. I think this new Vette wont sell as many compared to the old version if it has a significant jump in price.

Aren't they keeping the regular Corvette as-is? While adding this mid-engine model?

Explain to me the reason for Chevy changing to this configuration. .

Ford GT and winning LeMans

The Vette has never been mid engine to my knowledge, and has a ton of history. The current version really is quite a deal for the performance it brings. Why dont they just treat this new mid engine car as a halo car like the GT and call it something else. I think this new Vette wont sell as many compared to the old version if it has a significant jump in price

Apparently Zora Arkus Duntov originally envisaged the Corvette as a Mid Engine Sports car.

The Zora is often spoken of at the apex car for Chevrolet.

Aren't they keeping the regular Corvette as-is? While adding this mid-engine model?

Now this is what I was told too but maybe GM is cashing in all of its chips on one mid engined Corvette

while raising the bar on Camaro.... Some think that GM will develop two cars, I don't see them splitting development.

Edited by jpd80

I do think the GT is part of the reason - not just on the track but also to be able to sell a higher priced vehicle ($200K+) to compete with Ferrari and Lamborghini and the Ford GT.

That engine is nowhere near legal or LeMans. I think 4.0L is the limit for forced induction.

They (Corvettes) have won 8 times at LeMans since 1999. I don't think the main reason for the switch is because of the short run GT and more class wins at la Sarthe.

Behind the scenes, GM was madder than heck that Ford came in and "took" LeMans form them,

that's why they are spending so much on this car........

Edited by jpd80

Because that worked so well before.....

Allante, XLR. They just cant seem to have any of those cars catch on enough to stay alive. Of course Im not so sure of the expectations are of bean counters on a niche product. The XLR couldnt have been such a money Hogg compared to the Allante. Which never made any money for the company. I believe they tried to cheapen the costs in its last year by grabbing parts bin stuff.

A lot of the traditionalist Corvette buyers and enthusiasts really want nothing to do with the new Mid engined vehicle,

they like what they like and want that vehicle to continue. Equally, a mid engined car would catapult the Corvette

into the superstar status of the Ford GT and European exotics, it's a different car with different buyers.

Corvette buyers are getting older. Not many younger folks (under 50) buy the corvette. They will be keep the traditional front engine vette for at least 3 years while selling the mid engine vette. TBD on what happens then but I could see ditching the front engine model.The mid engine vette should be able to punch above it's weight, while getting rid of the stigma of a mid life crisis cars for middle class white guys.

Corvette buyers are getting older. Not many younger folks (under 50) buy the corvette. They will be keep the traditional front engine vette for at least 3 years while selling the mid engine vette. TBD on what happens then but I could see ditching the front engine model.The mid engine vette should be able to punch above it's weight, while getting rid of the stigma of a mid life crisis cars for middle class white guys.

Its a shame it has that stigma, because it is a very good car at a reasonable price.

Its had that stigma for the past 20-30 years...doesn't seem to hurt it.