2019 Ford Ranger Speculation thread

That fender trim might be part of the FX4 package.

Interesting to see that rear window opening. Not sure how useful that little thing will be for anything other than ventilation but I guess it's better than nothing. Must be that small to discourage anyone from entering or exiting the cab through it. I assume it will be a power slider.

It's looking more and more obvious that Ford is spending as little as possible to differentiate what we are getting from the ROW Ranger. I understand the economics of it but it is still a little disappointing that it took this long to give us essentially the same truck that has been on the world market since 2011 or whenever.

Edited by blksn8k2

Interesting to see that rear window opening. Not sure how useful that little thing will be for anything other than ventilation but I guess it's better than nothing. Must be that small to discourage anyone from entering or exiting the cab through it. I assume it will be a power slider.

Find a 2015+ F-150. Looks to be identical to that one.

It's looking more and more obvious that Ford is spending as little as possible to differentiate what we are getting from the ROW Ranger. I understand the economics of it but it is still a little disappointing that it took this long to give us essentially the same truck that has been on the world market since 2011 or whenever.

Ford in 2017 in a nutshell.

See also: EcoSport

• Like 1

There is at least one positive in all this sameness. For anyone considering buying a new Ranger and wanting to modify it there are already tons of aftermarket parts available. Also, for anyone who might want to capitalize on that it might even be a good business to get into. As a matter of fact, I put up a new 40x50 steel building last summer that would be perfect to use as an installation shop. I even added an office and an overhead loft for parts storage. ;)

post-22574-0-81128600-1514684867_thumb.jpg

Edited by blksn8k2
  • Like 2

100% completely disagree with you on the fender trim. Looks too bland without it.

It would look OK with a different color. Orange and grey? How about orange and black.

Ford just doesn't do color schemes well. Why, no matter what color vehicle, does Ford put a gaudy silver insert into the front and rear bumper of the Escape? And why does my black interior have a tan headliner???

• Like 1

It would look OK with a different color. Orange and grey? How about orange and black.

Ford just doesn't do color schemes well. Why, no matter what color vehicle, does Ford put a gaudy silver insert into the front and rear bumper of the Escape? And why does my black interior have a tan headliner???

I... uh...

Ok you got me there

Agree- all the hype and we get a truck with an 8 year old image? Find it hard to believe. If nothing changed with the sheet metal, hrd to believe it took this long to "federalize" the T-6.

Agree- all the hype and we get a truck with an 8 year old image? Find it hard to believe. If nothing changed with the sheet metal, hrd to believe it took this long to "federalize" the T-6.

It apparently already met most, if not all of the safety standards. Drivetrains are another story but they have plenty of existing designs to choose from. I'm still betting on an all in-line engine line up with the top dog being the 2.3L EB. I sure hope they prove me wrong.

First, let me get some things out of the way

1. This Ranger is on an evolution of T6 not the US paying for an all new Mid Sized Truck

2. The reason Ranger is so big is because that's what global markets wanted at design kick off in 2006

3. the timing of the Ranger's US introduction coincides with a global MCE for Ranger

4. because of 3, it didn't take four years to develop this exact US Ranger.

Ford has to be careful here to deliver a big little truck to fill the gap below F150,

not to replace what Ranger was in 2011, a better, smarter Sport Trac it may seem

but I'm sure that many will also see differences with that comparison too...

And globally, a seven year old T6 platform flogs the crap out of Colorado.

Ford can do no better than achieve the same in the US.because those

buyers don't see it as a seven year old truck. To them it's new and different.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

1. This Ranger is on an evolution of T6 not the US paying for an all new Mid Sized Truck

2. The reason Ranger is so big is because that's what global markets wanted at design kick off in 2006

3. the timing of the Ranger's US introduction coincides with a global MCE for Ranger

Ford has to be careful here to deliver a big little truck to fill the gap below F150,

not to replace what Ranger was in 2011, a better, smarter Sport Trac it may seem

Why is it getting a second refresh? It's supposed to be due for a full redesign in 2019.

I respect your opinion jpd and I hope you are right but in today's information society it doesn't take much effort to see through the smokescreen. Don't underestimate today's consumers.

Enthusiasts, maybe, but if enthusiasts drove the market, you'd be able to get a manual transmission in a Ford that's not a Mustang or an econobox.

Why is it getting a second refresh? It's supposed to be due for a full redesign in 2019.

This is the truck's third refresh since sales began in early 2011.

new engines and transmissions, improvements in interiors and electrical equipment.

Which full redesign would that be?

as far as i know, this MCE is set to run until 2021. Think about it, why would you launch

Ranger in USA now if a full redesign comes in 12 months time?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Why does the American market Ranger have to be so different than the ROW Ranger?

This is the truck's third refresh since sales began in early 2011.

new engines and transmissions, improvements in interiors and electrical equipment.

Which full redesign would that be?

as far as i know, this MCE is set to run until 2021. Think about it, why would you launch

Ranger in USA now if a full redesign comes in 12 months time?

well damn, if thats true maybe I make the Focus last a little longer and wait....

I respect your opinion jpd and I hope you are right but in today's information society it doesn't take much effort to see through the smokescreen. Don't underestimate today's consumers.

I think your overstating what the actual customer will actually do when researching this vehicle. I don’t think people are going to turn their noses up because it’s a seven year refresh of an existing vehicle. A very small percentage might, but it won’t effect sales all that much.

When Ford went "One Ford", Americans seem to have accepted the styling that came from the Transit, TC, Modeo/Fusion, Focus fairly readily. While I agree the ROW Ranger does have some Euro flair to it, I'm OK with it. It's not styling that's way out there or anything. We're not talking a Merkur here or anything.

Give me the Ranger with Lariat options and a 2.0 diesel please and a side of 10 speed...

JP- good points- I guess to the typical Ford enthusiast who frequents this site, Dieselstop etc, maybe we are looking for a bit more of a "new look"-like a drop down door like the 150 for example. To the "non enthusiast" perhaps it will come across as .."oh yeah-see the new Ranger?

And for sure, hope you are correct in terms of flogging the crap out of the new GM twins.

• Like 1

JP- good points- I guess to the typical Ford enthusiast who frequents this site, Dieselstop etc, maybe we are looking for a bit more of a "new look"-like a drop down door like the 150 for example. To the "non enthusiast" perhaps it will come across as .."oh yeah-see the new Ranger?

Nah, too expensive