Delivery Delay

Dlcorbett

I was wondering if anyone knew the delivery process enough to give me some information. I ordered my vehicle in july(processed in august) and got a vuild date of 11/27. I have been using COTUS and it said my del was 12/17(the dealer said btw 12/11 and 12/17). This was weird to me as that dates a sunday but eh. I heard cotus is not reliable, still ive seen it be spot on with many expys produced. On cotus it said "awaiting transportion" since the build was completed 11/29 but still had the est del date as 12/17. Now sonce that date has past, no vehicle, no date on cotus, still in the same status, and no update or anything from dealer. Does anyone know what the hold up could be, where it might could be at, etc. I understand the del process is probably ext, but the most fustrating thing is not getting answers. I would gladly take a "your truck is delayed because of supply" than a "its supposed to be here, but we dnt know where its at"

Seems things are still moving slow around here. My dealer has 2 in stock (had 3) and more coming. Another local dealer has a few and more on order. Nobody seems to have a Platinum though.

Ive been watching Navigators more than Expys but just took a quick look at them as well and it seems that the Atlanta area has literally a couple lower trim levels available of each but from what I can tell from the window stickers and my own order there have been many built over the last week to 10 days that, if they ship with mine, should be here starting the first of January. I dont know if they were holding back shipping to try and clear out the last of the 17s or what but I can say that looking through inventory there werent many of the 17s either and what were there had big savings and incintives.

Atleast my birthday since its usually around a wk after thanksgiving. It was supposed to be here 2 wks ago, its almost on xmas and still nuffn. They even called and was told(supposedly) it's being put on a truck for delivery and will be there within 24hrs. I jus dnt kno anymore.

Atleast my birthday since its usually around a wk after thanksgiving. It was supposed to be here 2 wks ago, its almost on xmas and still nuffn. They even called and was told(supposedly) it's being put on a truck for delivery and will be there within 24hrs. I jus dnt kno anymore.

Its so close so dont lose any sleep over it now. I bet deliveries will continue regardless of the holidays so it could be any day now.

I ordered a 2018 Platinum Expy last August. It was built on 12-01-2017 and is shown on COTUS as awaiting shipment since then. We have plans to take it on an extended trip in a couple of weeks. Apparently my dealer is not able to get a delivery date. This is very frustrating since I have found other Expys (stock orders) showing up in dealerships around the state. Several have higher VIN numbers which is curious. Is there a Ford Customer Service number I could call to find out when my vehicle will be here? The window sticker shows it is a Special Order and will ship by Convoy.

I ordered a 2018 Platinum Expy last August. It was built on 12-01-2017 and is shown on COTUS as awaiting shipment since then. We have plans to take it on an extended trip in a couple of weeks. Apparently my dealer is not able to get a delivery date. This is very frustrating since I have found other Expys (stock orders) showing up in dealerships around the state. Several have higher VIN numbers which is curious. Is there a Ford Customer Service number I could call to find out when my vehicle will be here? The window sticker shows it is a Special Order and will ship by Convoy.

They all show they are going to ship by convoy. VIN numbers are not built in sequence. Stock orders are built before special orders when a model first launches.

I don't know of a phone number you could call, but if you post the VIN I could look it up for you.

Same thing happened with me until my dealer called ford, and restarted the whole shipping process. I think ford put it up and forgot about it due to it being retail, and also due to the fact that the dealer i ordered from had another ordered to be delivered after the fact so they came in together. Start harassing your dealer, theyll get tired of you and move the process along for you.

I am looking at a window sticker of a delivered 2018 Expidition that clearly shows Method Of Transp. RAIL. My research says the last digits in VIN numbers are assigned sequentially. They may be built out of order especially for sold orders and VIP orders. That is just good business practice. My unit has been waiting for over a month to be shipped which is a one day trip by truck. My dealer is also waiting for a completed (stock) Expedition to be shipped. Maybe they will arrive on the same truck. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

I live in the thumb of Michigan. My 2018 Expedition was delivered by truck. The transport company pre delivery notice shows my Expedition was inspected/picked up Dec 26th, it was delivered to my dealer late the 27th, I picked it up early the 28th. The truck also had a F250 for my dealer.

Dennis

My dealer called his rep yesterday and today it was released to the trucking company. I looked at COTUS at 9 tonight and it showed Delivered! I went to the dealership and sure enough it was in the lot with the dealer's stock Expy. The delivery was made after hours and the units were parked in the lot. Pretty sure I'll have to wait until Monday to take delivery. Glad it is here and it looks awesome!

Speaking of delivery delays...mine made it from Kentucky to Minot, ND on it's way to Seattle when we hit:

"Delay- Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Burlington Northern Railroad )"

Fingers crossed the RR gets that fixed! Right now COTUS reverted to "Awaiting Shipment" and the expected delivery date disappeared.

• Like 1