2019 Chevy Silverado

Anthony

Side note. I grew up in a gm family. Chevy and Cadillacs. But I always remembered how much better the F150s rode and interior felt nicer as did the towncars our family friends had than our cars. Everything from ignition switch to window switches just felt so non GM. This is how I personally dont understand how someone can like the Silverado interior better than F150. I drove a 2015 Tahoe and it was so GM.

Lol, a Ford site is really gonna give praise. Got an retro GMT 800 front, take a closer look on the Z71 rear shock pic, looks more then just stickers this time.

Remind us again why you choose to come here? if you don't like the comments hit the road. We'll survive without you.

• Like 1

Those mirrors. I can hear every retire in the tri-state area:

"How much for a mirror I/my wife hit the garage and broke it off.

"$750.00 sir"

"Jumpin catfish!!! I remember when bread was a nickle!!"

I can here the engineers:

"You know those add on mirrors people strap to their regular mirrors so they can see past the trailer?"

"Sure"

"Lets make a factory one piece one that size!"

"Why not!"

Edited by MY93SHO

Remind us again why you choose to come here? if you don't like the comments hit the road. We'll survive without you.

Don't know, maybe because I bought a new Ford but that doesn't mean I don't like or buy other domestics, don't worry a '19 Silverado will be tailgating you with the highbeams on in the left lane in your '85 EXP.

Thank you Anthony sir for sharing photography of 2019 Silverado's reveal. Very fitting for Chevy's Centennial celebration today in Fort Worth. This new Silverado should continue 100 years of pickup truck excellence and leadership from Chevrolet.

Texans will snap up this new model as soon as it goes on sale, just as they have done with past Chevy trucks! :)

Edited by rperez817

Everything from the front door back - Looks good

Everything from the front door forward - FUGLY

Completely agree. I like the side and rear from the front door back. The way the blacked out front from the side looks like there are panels missing. Looks like the headlights are just like the F150 but flipped 180 degrees. Similar grill as Ford as well.

Personally, yuck..

Man Im thankful for ability to hide posts. Some comments remind me of pickuptrucks.com. Someone said here youll need brain bleach after reading the comments on pickup trucks.com wheres the Clorox?

You would think Chevy would have learned from the reaper ugly front end. But at least their leadership this time consisted of actually changing the truck.

I dont mind it. At least its legitimately a new truck. Its a lot more aggressive than it has been. The only thing that Im not sure of is the character line that angles down from the front fender and doesnt carry to the back of the truck.

I find elements of the F150 in there, from the flipped headlights, the taillights, the shape of the kick up in the rear window. I even see hints of Raptor with how the fenders flare out.

This new Silverado should continue 100 years of pickup truck excellence and leadership from Chevrolet.

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement, particularly the leadership aspect. Edited by tbone

What I noticed in the first picture the most is what appears to be a very short hood.

Did GM do what Ford did in the 97-03s where seems like half the V8 cylinders are under the firewall?

If so the owners of these trucks will hate changing the plugs as much as I hate changing them on my 97 F150 5.4L.

Cylinders 3,4.7 and 8 leave very little room and or visability and will require beer and foul language to change.

Cylinders 5,6,7 and 8 on GM V8.

...It's beginning to look alot like an F-Series...every angle I see.... I see how they borrow "elements", and yet put their own flavor into it. Surprised they went with the rounder wheel arches, that's something GM has stuck by for a long time. Also the Ford Tonka Waist-line and front creases. In other news, new Ram to debut has a ROW Ranger front grill, go figure...they will call that "new"...to them...

What I noticed in the first picture the most is what appears to be a very short hood.

Did GM do what Ford did in the 97-03s where seems like half the V8 cylinders are under the firewall?

If so the owners of these trucks will hate changing the plugs as much as I hate changing them on my 97 F150 5.4L.

Cylinders 3,4.7 and 8 leave very little room and or visability and will require beer and foul language to change.

Cylinders 5,6,7 and 8 on GM V8.

Ive replaced so many, I actually prefer the 97-03 plugs to the 3v plugs. Its quick and no worries about breaking them. Although, expeditions rear hvac make 3+4 harder. I will go a while without doing them and when I get the chance Im surprised how fast it is compared to 3v.

Back on topic. Im surprised about the rounded wheel wells. Ill be interested in seeing it in person.

Thank you Anthony sir for sharing photography of 2019 Silverado's reveal. Very fitting for Chevy's Centennial celebration today in Fort Worth. This new Silverado should continue 100 years of pickup truck excellence and leadership from Chevrolet.

You do realize Chevy trucks have a crapload of those horrible terrible fleet sales you despise so much.....

• Like 1