Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subwoofer Buzz/Humm

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zz28

zz28

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

Hello all. I havent posted in a while but have been a member her for a few years. 

2008 F150 Lariat that I have had since new. Truck came with the "Audiophile" system with the factory subwoofer. The factory radio died back in March of this year and I replaced it with a very nice Pioneer that has been working wonderfully until yesterday. I took the truck to the dealer to have rear brakes installed and had them wash it was well. When I picked it up the sub woofer had a horrible buzz/hum. The hum does not change when the volume is turned down. If I disconnect the sub woofer, the noise goes away. I have no idea what the dealer could have done to make this happen. Honestly what they did should not have any affect on the radio system. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

zz28

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   zz28

zz28

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

Anyone?

#3 ONLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion SEL, 2007 Volvo C70, 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, 2005 Ford Focus

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

Check the battery terminals for corrosion especially the negative. Clean them and retry.

#4 OFFLINE   zz28

zz28

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for replying. I tried that first. Could they have done something with the anti-lock break system and a ground wire? 

#5 ONLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Fusion SEL, 2007 Volvo C70, 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, 2005 Ford Focus

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

truly I dont see anything related. Have you unplug the amp and plug it back in.? Maybe when they were vacuuming they bumped it.

#6 OFFLINE   YT90SC

YT90SC

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Joined 28-July 04

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

Make sure ALL phone chargers are unplugged. Ive seen several instances where they make enough RFI to make noises in the factory amplifier system.  

Dad always said,"Knowledge is limited but stupidity knows no bounds."

#7 ONLINE   fordtech1

fordtech1

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Make sure ALL phone chargers are unplugged. Ive seen several instances where they make enough RFI to make noises in the factory amplifier system.  

Good point I forgot about those chargers causing issues. Most the time I find those causing tpms fault light.
  • YT90SC likes this

#8 OFFLINE   zz28

zz28

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 26-April 08

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hey everyone. I havent had time to work on this until this past weekend. I have tried everything that has been suggested plus I was able to be a pinout of the socked going to the amp. I verified the ground on that and still no change. 

Is it possible the amp itself is the problem?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·