NSW Police picks Chrysler

Fgts

The 300 SRT8 will be used as a pursuit car Down-Under starting next year as a Falcon/Commodore replacement.

://www.motoring.com.au/chrysler-300-srt-police-car-deal-done-110173/

On a sidenote I read around the web the next gen 300 has been greenlighted and will debut after Charger/Challenger in '22

That's SRT8 Core for the New South Wales highway Patrol cars

The Victorian Police force has already signed a deal to purchase 80 BMW 530d sedans, the turbo-diesel six-cylinder luxury cars pumping out 195kW/620Nm — far less pepper than their the Chrysler 300 SRT Core.

Shades of Carbon Motors E7....

Up here in Queensland it's the Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo.....

(Queensland has a non-pursuit policy for chasing cars if things get dangerous for other users or the persued).

Edited by jpd80

hahahaha 4 more years?!?! The 300 platform will be almost as old as the Fox body by then ;)

Well, better then offering a half-assed full-size car that nobody wants then claim "everybody" wants an SUV/Pick-up. Edited by Fgts

The 300C was not a big seller in Australia while Commodore was being produced

but i wonder if there will be a few estranged Holden buyers going over to the SRT8

Meanwhile Mustang sells OK in Australia, 700 again last month and over 9,000 for the year.

That's nearly double falcon sales in its last year with a great product mix - 90% premuin GTs.

The 300C was not a big seller in Australia while Commodore was being produced

but i wonder if there will be a few estranged Holden buyers going over to the SRT8

Meanwhile Mustang sells OK in Australia, 700 again last month and over 9,000 for the year.

That's nearly double falcon sales in its last year with a great product mix - 90% premuin GTs.

Think that part of the motivation behind the 300 PPV, since Ford and Holden rwds for the next few years will be coupes and truck/suv, FCA would probably use the 300 to re-establish the Chrysler brand a foothold in RHD markets starting with Australia along with Jeep.

Think that part of the motivation behind the 300 PPV, since Ford and Holden rwds for the next few years will be coupes and truck/suv, FCA would probably use the 300 to re-establish the Chrysler brand a foothold in RHD markets starting with Australia along with Jeep.

The 300C has grea engine choces, V6 diesel, V6 gas and of course the V8, I would hope that the Holden fans

give it a go and at least try to enjoy themselves with a great SRT Core, it's a nice affordable package.

I think FoA stockpiled a bunch of '17 Mustang to get them through to the RHD '18 coming mid year.

quite amazing to see so many embrace it after the Falcon tradgics swore up and down that no one would.

Edited by jpd80

Wasn't there a time when NSW and Victoria both ran Subaru Impreza as the pursuit car? I don't really understand why they would choose 300C SRT with its limited dealer support in Australia.

Falcon and Commodore were cheap... most police patrol units were 6 cylinder versions anyway. Very few ran with V8. I wonder if the local police will now switch to Camry or something similar?

Edited by bzcat