VW's EV revolution in the U.S. starts with sedan, I.D. Crozz in 2020

silvrsvt

http://autoweek.com/article/los-angeles-auto-show/vw-will-launch-ev-revolution-us-sedan-id-crozz-2020?utm_source=DailyDrive20171129&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

So where to start with this-We have to wait 4+ years for the Microbus to come out and the first two products will be a tall wagon looking thing marketed as a CUV and a largish (not my word) sedan....really? With the way the market is going these days, a sedan product wouldn't be on my radar-they would be better off pushing the Microbus out sooner and delaying the sedan instead. I guess VW still doesn't get it.

Hopefully the Ford Model E will be out around the same time, IMO an electric powered CUV/SUV that actually looks like one will be a big hit- not these CUV's with a fastback C pillar that kill storage/head room.

http://autoweek.com/article/los-angeles-auto-show/vw-will-launch-ev-revolution-us-sedan-id-crozz-2020?utm_source=DailyDrive20171129&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

Hopefully the Ford Model E will be out around the same time, IMO an electric powered CUV/SUV that actually looks like one will be a big hit- not these CUV's with a fastback C pillar that kill storage/head room.

I agree on the suv hybrid. I never understood why Ford abandoned the Escape hybrid. I felt that was a tactical mistake. I still see quite a few of those in Chicagoland.

I agree on the suv hybrid. I never understood why Ford abandoned the Escape hybrid. I felt that was a tactical mistake. I still see quite a few of those in Chicagoland.

Yes sir. Ford had a successful program to promote Escape Hybrid for taxicabs in Chicago several years ago. I think many of those are still in operation.

IMG_0077_WEB-1.jpg

Pretty sure they maxed out hybrid components with the hybrid Fusion, MKZ and C-Max. Plus Escape production was factory constrained.

Ford has already committed to hybrids across the board including F150 and Mustang. They’re certainly not behind the rest of the industry.

Pretty sure they maxed out hybrid components with the hybrid Fusion, MKZ and C-Max. Plus Escape production was factory constrained.

Ford has already committed to hybrids across the board including F150 and Mustang. They’re certainly not behind the rest of the industry.

This.

Last Month's combined Escape MKC production at Louisville was 100 short of 39,000.

Even though the platform is aging , production still appears strong as ever..

F150 hybrid and Mustang Hybrid will be interesting counterpoints to current hybrid trends...

Edited by jpd80

I would say they are behind. Volvo has several plug in hybrids and w/i 2 years should have that option for every vehicle they sell. Range Rover will have a plug in hybrid stateside in 4 months. Mercedes, BMW etc are all ahead of Ford.

I would say they are behind. Volvo has several plug in hybrids and w/i 2 years should have that option for every vehicle they sell. Range Rover will have a plug in hybrid stateside in 4 months. Mercedes, BMW etc are all ahead of Ford.

Volvo? They only sell 84K vehicles per year - total. Last year Ford sold roughly 76K hybrids (fusion/mkz/cmax hybrid and PIH).

They're only behind in perception because they don't have anything shiny and new to show, but it's coming and will far surpass anything from volvo or range rover.

Volvo? They only sell 84K vehicles per year - total. Last year Ford sold roughly 76K hybrids (fusion/mkz/cmax hybrid and PIH).

They're only behind in perception because they don't have anything shiny and new to show, but it's coming and will far surpass anything from volvo or range rover.

I concur with aKirby on this. I think its relative to perception rather than reality.